cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The price of German stamps.

Six months ago I sold many German/Austrian stamps.  Today those stamps/covers are available for less than half of what I received.  Why have the prices dropped so dramatically?  I have many more to offer but I don't want to give them away.  Should I wait?  Jim

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Makes it good for the buyers though.  No consulation for the seller.  I don't sell may Greman area stamps but I'm always on the lookout for bargains of my needs.  I'd like to find the Hindenberg/Zeppelin cards you are talking about.  They all seem to be out of my price range.  Although one occasionally slips by I miss.

Wolf-==-

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Some thoughts. Germany is Russia's biggest trading partner. Politics (Ukraine) has helped Geman DAX (stock market) and Europe to go into market corrction mode last few months. When tensions resolve the German market and stamps should recover and hopefully growth will resume. Other view points eagerly awaited.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Another thought. Blame it on the weather. Politics along with long European summer vacations has slowed the stamp market. When tensions resolve and winter arrives it should be time for some stamping.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for such a rapid and insightful response.  This would be a good reason why my German/Austrian buyers would be hesitant to make a purchase but the prices have dropped from all other countries.  Hindenburg postcards that I sold for hundreds of dollars in January are now easily obtainable for twenty-five dollars.  Perhaps I just got lucky and should count my blessings.  Jim

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Makes it good for the buyers though.  No consulation for the seller.  I don't sell may Greman area stamps but I'm always on the lookout for bargains of my needs.  I'd like to find the Hindenberg/Zeppelin cards you are talking about.  They all seem to be out of my price range.  Although one occasionally slips by I miss.

Wolf-==-

Message 5 of 5
latest reply