cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If an unscrupulous buyer replaces MNH stamp with hinged stamp, will Paypal/Ebay review it as theft?

I am afraid a stamp buyer in Hong Kong, who deals in many stamps himself,  will replace a MNH stamp with a hinged stamp.  If he does, will good pictures of the back prevent full refund, or is it inevitable--even if my pictures shows it was not hinged.  He may actually be after a 'discount', as he called it--the Dirtbag!  TYIA, B.L.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

If an unscrupulous buyer replaces MNH stamp with hinged stamp, will Paypal/Ebay review it as theft?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I'm no expert but I owned a single once of this stamp and the perforations on this look very strange. I'd be more concerned about this sheet being a fake than whether it's hinged or not.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Wow...talk about confusing the subject...

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

No confusion at all.

Check these two auctions for the same sheet.

Fake 

Apparent real

Now check out your perforations, and I suggest you use a 15x loupe to see the print quality.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Print quality was outstanding, verified by a professional, but not certified. 

Interesting, but does not answer the question.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

If that is a pic of the back of your sheet in the first post, then I would say it is defintiely not never hinged.  I see marks at both sides of the top and one at the bottom left.

It appears that the gum is missing in these places.  Even if not caused by hinging (as they appear to be) the term never hinged does not just apply to the absence of evidense of hinging.  It more correctly means any disturbance in the gum that was caused after it left the printer.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I agree with Ant-ra. There are two hinge marks / patches of missing back at top left and right. Also, it has no gum so cannot be MNH but unused, no gum which decreases the value substantially ( if it is real - which it doesn't look like to me ). 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply