cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hello!

I was told this was the place to chat with nice people, so I hope it's okay for me to be here! I'm Lia!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

hello!

Thanks....

That's from my hat&rhinestone phase when I switched fashion shopping from the Army/Navy thrift store to 

St. Vicent De Paul.

You know I'm crazy, but I ain't real dumb

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

hello!

Hello to you.🙂

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

hello!

I love that fedora in your avatar!

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

hello!

Thanks....

That's from my hat&rhinestone phase when I switched fashion shopping from the Army/Navy thrift store to 

St. Vicent De Paul.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

hello!

I love thrift stores, and Vinnie's is top o' the heap! I buy old suitcases there and redo the latches so they close right and my friend paints them and sells them at the flea markets she travels to in the summer. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

hello!

@lira-5290 

Hey!  I think you have joined in on a couple of the game threads.  I really like the movie game.   Wish I would have seen your thread here before tonight, otherwise, I may have visited your chat sooner.   Threads that are frequently replied to will stay near the top of the page instead of sinking to the bottom. 

The Park has been around for years and long ago it was a busy place with a lot of nice people.   Now it ends up being the place to go when have nowhere else to go.   Not sure why all the old original posters left, but now it has gained another batch of immigrants and is more active and has gained some nice folks.   So, I think it is perfectly fine that you are here.   Hope you continue to join in on the game threads.   You are also welcome to chat in the 'Paradise Lost' thread. 

BTW, I love flea markets, antique shops, & thrift stores. 

Shirls

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

hello!

@shirleys809304 wrote:

@lira-5290 

Hey!  I think you have joined in on a couple of the game threads.  I really like the movie game.   Wish I would have seen your thread here before tonight, otherwise, I may have visited your chat sooner.   Threads that are frequently replied to will stay near the top of the page instead of sinking to the bottom. 

The Park has been around for years and long ago it was a busy place with a lot of nice people.   Now it ends up being the place to go when have nowhere else to go.   Not sure why all the old original posters left, but now it has gained another batch of immigrants and is more active and has gained some nice folks.   So, I think it is perfectly fine that you are here.   Hope you continue to join in on the game threads.   You are also welcome to chat in the 'Paradise Lost' thread. 

BTW, I love flea markets, antique shops, & thrift stores. 

Shirls

You're the lady who post the Barbie pics? With Stinky? Right? Thank you for the welcome, and I love your pics! Do you make the backdrops yourself? They are very cool! 

I love any kind of "used" store, which is how I found Ebay, lol! This place has done a number on my purse, but wonders for my vintage Pyrex and Corningware collection, lo! 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

hello!

Yep, I am the Barbie lady 😊 Thank you and glad you enjoy the photos of dioramas.   Yes, I do make some props and backdrops for the scenes.  

The dolls themselves, some have come from the store, some here on Ebay, and of course thrift, Good Will, and flea market/antique stores.   I do have Vintage Barbies (60's), but I don't 'play' with them so much. 

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

hello!

@shirleys809304 wrote:

Yep, I am the Barbie lady 😊 Thank you and glad you enjoy the photos of dioramas.   Yes, I do make some props and backdrops for the scenes.  

The dolls themselves, some have come from the store, some here on Ebay, and of course thrift, Good Will, and flea market/antique stores.   I do have Vintage Barbies (60's), but I don't 'play' with them so much. 

Those pictures make me smile, and remember that it doesn't take that much to find joy. Sometimes a picture like that will make my day! 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply