cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW GAME -WHAT'S THAT FROM

O.K. Kiddies here's a new game called What's that from. I am leaving 3 lines from different pop culture sources  (Movies, Songs, TV shows and Books). Guess what that's from one at a time and then replace with a new one. you do not have to solve all 3 - one at a time will do.

1. "What we have here is failure to communicate"

2. "Barefoot girls dancin in the moonlight

3. " I have come here to do 2 things- Chew bubblegum and kick A**, and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Message 1 of 169
latest reply
168 REPLIES 168

"What we have here is failure to communicate" - Cool Hand Luke

1. "Barefoot girls dancin in the moonlight

2. " I have come here to do 2 things- Chew bubblegum and kick A**, and I'm all out of bubblegum.

3. "To lose one parent may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness"

Not sure that is exactly pop culture but I like it

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 2 of 169
latest reply

Ooooh new game!  Cool....  Thanks Hock!!

You know I would have to do this one:

"Barefoot girls dancing in the moonlight ~~ CCR  Green River

1.  " Why Ike, whatever do you mean?"

2. " I have come here to do 2 things- Chew bubblegum and kick A**, and I'm all out of bubblegum.

3. "To lose one parent may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness"

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 3 of 169
latest reply

"why Ike whatever do you mean" - Tombstone

1. "I have come here to do 2 things-chew bubblegum and kick a**, and I'm all out of bubblegum

2."to lose one parent may regarded as a misfortune: to lose both looks like carelessness

3. "what are we going to do Harley?"   "What do you mean we John?"

Message 4 of 169
latest reply

"to lose one parent may regarded as a misfortune: to lose both looks like carelessness"    Oscar Wilde quote

1. "I have come here to do 2 things-chew bubblegum and kick a**, and I'm all out of bubblegum

2. "what are we going to do Harley?" "What do you mean we John?"

3.  "Alive without breath, As cold as death; Never thirsty, ever drinking, All in mail never clinking."

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 5 of 169
latest reply

"I have come here to do 2 things-chew bubblegum and kick a**, and I'm all out of bubblegum -  They Live

1. "Where am I to go now that I've gone too far?" 

2. "what are we going to do Harley?" "What do you mean we John?"

3.  "Alive without breath, As cold as death; Never thirsty, ever drinking, All in mail never clinking."

I remember when if you asked Alexa to change the channel, she had to go to the TV and turn the knob. ~ iowa_east_coast
Message 6 of 169
latest reply

"Where am I to go now that I've gone too far" 

Golden Earring - Twilight zone

1. " Silly Caucasian girl likes to play with Samurai Swords"

2." what are we going to do Harley?"  "What do you mean we John?"

3. "Alive without breath, as cold as death; Never thirsty, ever drinking, all in mail never clinking."

Message 7 of 169
latest reply

"Alive without breath, as cold as death; Never thirsty, ever drinking, all in mail never clinking."

I know the answer is "fish" - does that count?

2." what are we going to do Harley?" "What do you mean we John?"

3. "The universe is big, it's vast and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 8 of 169
latest reply

" Silly Caucasian girl likes to play with Samurai Swords"

Kill Bill Volume 1

1. "Then you'll find out your biggest problem
is not bringing in the stuff......but what to do with all the *bleeping* cash!"

3. "The universe is big, it's vast and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

Message 9 of 169
latest reply

@a_rootie_tootie wrote:
"Alive without breath, as cold as death; Never thirsty, ever drinking, all in mail never clinking."

I know the answer is "fish" - does that count?

Rootie, the answer to the riddle is fish------but who told the riddle and where does it come from?

Message 10 of 169
latest reply

"The universe is big, it's vast and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." 

~ The Doctor ~  Dr Who, series 5

3. " Even a fool gets to be young once."

Message 11 of 169
latest reply

"Even a fool gets to be young once"

Frank Lucas

3. "What do you know about Cyrus?"  "Magic. A whole lot of magic."

Message 12 of 169
latest reply

I am going to guess The mule for # 1 , but I have not seen it yet

A hint for # 2- Jimmy Stewart and Henry Fonda

Message 13 of 169
latest reply

" what are we going to do Harley?" "What do you mean we John?" - The Cheyenne Social Club - James Stewart

2." The good die young so they may not be corrupted and the wicked live on so they may have a chance to repent."

3. "What do you know about Cyrus?"  "Magic. A whole lot of magic."

I remember when if you asked Alexa to change the channel, she had to go to the TV and turn the knob. ~ iowa_east_coast
Message 14 of 169
latest reply

@hockeyhillbilly 

It's not "The Mule", you are on the right track though.  It is a movie, older, a well known one.  I'll drop more hints if nobody guesses since #3 is mine too.  

Message 15 of 169
latest reply