cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let us all come together and help the world

Are we proposing to launch an eBay fund to help countries facing a global epidemic?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

What epidemic are you talking about?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Anything that could happen in the present or future epidemic like Covid19. Many disasters can happen to the world when the kindness and mercy of the people of the world are lost from the world

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@chathalwi 

I think enough of our tax money is already going to foreign countries.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Yes, there should be a COVID choice for charity contribution sellers can contribute to to assist in getting people the vaccines. We are seeing the inequality of all of this. By sharing, we help the whole world overcome this current pandemic. Thanks for the uplifting post.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@chathalwi 

>Anything that could happen in the present or future epidemic like Covid19.

As often happens with a great many of today's "charities", much of the funds donated are used to keep the "charity" going and pay nice salaries to those running the operation. Often a sizable percentage of the budget is spent on advertising to collect even more "donations". Witness, for example, the large number of ads for different charities currently running on many TV stations.

I use this method of helping  to decide if a charity is "legit". When I receive a solicitation, I request these supporting documents; copies of the orginazation's IRS form 990 and independent auditor's reports for the last five years.

Most "charities" will not reveal this info as the IRS 990 (which by the US tax codes must be available for public inspection) discloses the salaries for the top people running the organization which is often quite substantial and more in line with the compensation received by corporate heads.

If you truly want to donate to those in need, be informed and do it wisely,

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Message 8 of 8
latest reply