cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General security question to protect myself as a seller.

So.i started selling sports cards and its a huge market of scammers saying they received a damaged card or not the card in pictures or as described. Am I allowed to seal the card with a security tamper sticker that states no refunds or returns if damaged or removed? I have some very expensive cards and don't want to refund over an item due to a scammer.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You can do that, but it is no guarantee. As a sportscard seller/buyer I expect to be able to inspect the card. There are people out there who will try scams and switching cards, but they are a small minority.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

As a seller you have absolutely no security and ebay will refund the buyers money even if they return an empty envelope. For 30 days you are entirely at the buyers mercy and regardless of what you mark on anything ebay will refund a buyers money directly from your account and all the buyer has to say is "not as described". Then all they need is tracking showing they sent a package back to you and Ebay gives them your money even if you videotape the opening of the package showing it was empty when you got it back.  You pay shipping both ways lose your item pay to refund the buyer and ebay keeps its fee and downgrades your account because of the return and the buyer will leave you bad feedback. That is the reality of selling on Ebay. People have lost very expensive items on Ebay every day. Ebay always sides with the buyer no matter what. Their philosophy is that there will always be another seller to fill your shoes. Dont believe ask customer service. Not only is this their policy but they make sure the buyer knows how to implement it. You can get anything on Ebay for free and keep doing it because ebay does not punish buyers ever.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@taylor_made2011010 

Unfortunatley, due to eBay's money back guarantee stating no refunds will mean nothing. 

A buyer can still file an item not as described or damaged and will get their money back even if they send you back cards that you didn't send. 

I personally think you would be wasting your time and money putting on stickers.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply