cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Ebay format is terrible - fixed price and auction listings combined

I hate it now.  I refuse to list any items on this silly site until it becomes more seller friendly.  Too bad it has gone SO FAR downlhill.  Glad I SOLD all my shares in it ages ago for a TIDY profit.

Worse still is that the new format even makes it terrible for  buyers.  I predict stock price for ePay to go to all-time low very soon!  I still won't be buying though.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Your prediction isn't worth squat.....

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the stock hit it's all time low a few years back, and has basically leveled out to where it will most likely remain for a while. And yes, I agree that the search format has its problems, as best match will clog ones search up with items unrelated to the search .

But as far as selling goes?....It is still the best place to offer certain items hands down

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I thik is very confussing, really I dont like it at all! It was so easy to find what you were looking for! Please try to give people the option to choose different styles. Thanks!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

This is a diaster! Rule number 1: delight your customers. Apparently, noone at Ebay went to business school. They are all propeller heads, who believe that they just invented a great technological marvel and everyone will like it.

It is mind boggling that after all the new format hate from the community, Ebay still forces horrible changes. Ebay, learn from Apple and its success! If Apple runs its business the same way, they will be history.

I have low expectations now, layers of Ebay bureacraucy never read these boards. Hopefully, stock price and earnings will give them a clue later.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

fostercook
Enthusiast

Ebay put it back the way it was before. Why make it more lengthy for everyone - buyers and sellers????????????

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

the new format is terrible.  Once again eBay rolls out a feature that is inconvenient and annoying to anyone who actually uses the site.  Some of us want to see as many listings as we can on our screens!!!  And the thing that really gets me, EVERY LISTING shows the item location!!!  How many people does that really matter to?  Generally, it is hard to get the information I want with the new format.  There must be some people over at eBay who have no concept of logic, or what their customers want... or some kind of toxic enviroment where the communication is poor and the management make decisions against the better judgment of those who DO think logically.  Next time, ask us what we think BEFORE you put the terrible changes in place.  Focus groups maybe????

I agree that eBay has been making changes for the worse, for many years now.  Sooner or later another company could step up with better services (ie, including all the ones eBay has removed, like wildcard searches, for one) and lower fees, at that point maybe the stock could start tumbling.  I don't think eBid is a real competition to eBay, but I'm not sure about that.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

What does one do when Customer Support fails?

After a month of trying to get help because my global shipping feature was not working I have learned that the first level does not have  enough knowledge to assist, supervisors are not much better and then if you are lucky enough to get a manager and he/she can't solve the problem, then the only one left is God because there is no one that you will be allowed to speak with above customer service manager.  I tried filing complaints with the California Better Business Burea and Attorney General's Office but an Owen Gray who signed the letter he sent to the AGs office as someone in the Ebay President's Office did not offer a number where I could reach him and did not offer to contact me.   Why does Ebay have to hide?  If they a really committed to their Sellers why can't they assist when we reach the Customer Service top level and still the problem is not resolved.  

Does anyone who a number for Ebay that is above customer service?  I am at my wits end.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I won't be buying or selling with this new format either. Why do people have to screw with something that is working so well. Now it's terrible.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Yessss There New Format Blows !!!! "BIG TIME"  Going into my 15th year as an Ebayer & Personally they are now just like our government as in making boat loads of money and blowing it on stupid stuff like trying to reinvent the wheel for nobody but themselves. If it isn't broke don't fix it Ebay Commander & Chiefs !!! They don't give a hoot what we think about it, because they wasted too much doe on this riddiculus software and now they have to justify it. Just like the Gov. instead of firing the goof-ball that came up with this,they would rather see millions suffer for one idiosso - I am sure by some over-seas clown that never sold a piece of lint on here. I called them about a year ago and had my setting reset and them whalla back to this stupid format again. So I called them about a 3 weeks ago and the guy I spoke to adivsed me that they have had several compaints, and he reset my settings but also told me that he didn't know how long they would last.(well it only lasted for the day he reset- go figure) So like many others I haven't listed a thing and unless we stick together and slow down there money flow nothing will happen. Because the only thing that they will pay attention too, is when they are losing there Moooooola !!!! Instead of blowing money on stupid "grow a brain ideas" - give the folks more Ebay Bucks !!! That will boost there profits...... July 17,2015 stock was at 66.29 a share Today stock is 33.50 a share and flat lined "literally" for the past year HMMMM I also love that they ask for your feedback and when you click on it it does nothing - That just certifies that they could give a hoot - why don't they fix that ?? Because they are pro's at ignoring us. Oh I am sure I will get some response from one of there secret squirrel employess they hire to surf this community website for damage control. ( I have had it happen before) Its easy to decipher who they are - Just do your job and make the people happy that fills your pockets  !!! Good Luck To You All  - As We Will Be Waiting For A Lonnnnnnnnnnng Time.......................................  Sorry if there are some mispelled words as even there spell checker is down !!!!!!!! IRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Message 10 of 10
latest reply