The Chess Collectors
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Muslim Sets

Are there any collectors of Muslim sets on this forum? I added a story on the "amusing tales" discussion of an old set I came across years ago. I have one new set, made by Chopra, which is a larger interpretation of the antique set. If you ever saw i...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 19 replies
  • 0 helpful

Religion and Politics

cpe1991 Hello Alan. I commend you for your even-handedness when dealing with this creation/evolution issue. I find it funny how most evolutionists tend to say that we should tolerate all beliefs and then they don't tolerate one. It happens all of the...

Reproduction sets

re: chesspy vz. lichess Dear brethren, I have some interest in this subject - on account of the first major repro set issued, the Lewis chess set copies. I understand the discovery of the Lewis set in its time created such enormous interest in these ...

• 72 replies
  • 0 helpful

Chess collecting the real truth !?

As a CCI member I am fortunate as I have visited a number of homes of collectors and spoken to these people in their private domain. What is often stated here on these threads is a complete contradiction of what I have heard in private discussion. On...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 helpful

Bobby Fischer

REYKJAVIK, Iceland (AP) -- Bobby Fischer, the reclusive chess master who became a Cold War icon when he dethroned the Soviet Union's Boris Spassky as world champion in 1972, has died aged 64. Bobby Fischer became an increasingly anti-establishment fi...

chess set found on eBay

Found one item on eBay. Is this Regence pattern or St.George? I would say Regence, but not 100% sure. http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-ANTIQUE-VICTORIAN-WOODEN-CHESS-SET-XIXc-RARE-/330512566152?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf4158788

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 26 replies
  • 0 helpful

PHOTOGRAPHY SKILLS . OR plain fun.

This fresh nonsense thread might amuse a few group members. However it might have a bonus, and encourage a few to have a good laugh . Perhaps this might be the start of something good, poking a little fun at ourselves . Of course to make it work well...

• 25 replies
  • 0 helpful

Appraisal of Chess Boards

My husband has a handful of collectable chess board sets that were gifts to him over the years that he's looking to sell. We're having a difficult time figuring out how much the items are actually worth. Are there any sites out there that can help us...

The Chess Collectors Knowledge Base

As you can see there is a new link named The Chess Collectors Knowledge Base. The hard work of Kristjan Sander made this great knowledge base possible. He worked many weekend and evenings on this. Our database project team will work each week to expa...

making our threads work better .

to all clearly one can see from yesterday alone , unwanted postings in created threads cause problems , so what can be done. well i do humbly think that the creation of a thread ,should have a purpose ,and the creator ,should administrate this his/he...

• 34 replies
  • 0 helpful

Chess Sets in NYC?

I'll be heading to New York City in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone knew of some shops that carried some decent, older chess sets. I'm not looking to break the bank, but maybe spend $500 or so. Are there any shops in NY that routinely c...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful