cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icons / Avatars / Happy Faces

Hi, All. Since A.) we do not seem to have enough subject matters in this ebay group (yes, said with some facetiousness! 😉 ), and B.) there did not seem to be an appropriate discussion thread (aside from "Chat"), and C.) due to my failed search for a "Happy Face" thread - which I thought had been created by Kristjan, I thought that creating a new thread would be appropriate, n'est pas? :-) Maybe we could start out with any possible discussion about that new picture of a person on the CPE1991 icon??? Did that new pic come up within the last day or two? Or am I just a little slow? (I myself tend to like to hide behind masks...) John, VT.
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Ah... Geeze... another change in "face"!... Can't keep still, eh? 😉 John. PS: Time passes quickly, eh?
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Never underestimate the value of a good dentist.
. . .

If you go with the flow you'll either get washed out to sea or be dammed.
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Now, Guy... How and where did you ever come up with a grin (...er...... a photograph...) like that? (And how did you stay so still for the photograph?) ;-) Interesting website too. Makes one think you just might be a little cultured... :-) Gotta love it though! "Grin and bear it!" (Um.... wrong an-i-mule, maybe.) John. PS: Baron, no long no see!
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Holy Moley, d-baron! You evolved? What caused you to metamorphosize? You've gotta tell us more, Duncan! John.
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

I watched an old episode of the "Lone Ranger". The rest is history.
. . .

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Well, well, well, d-baron Duncan...! Are you trying to subliminally influence Santa into not (once again) leaving you a lump of coal this Christmas? Is that a lump of very white, blinding snow or ice I see in your avatar? A silly shaped snowball? Perhaps the snowball you will be shooting in my direction after you read this silly little posting? I do have to agree that your occasional trading in an old avatar for a new one keeps us alert.... well, at least somewhat awake. But this one seems to be set apart from the rest of your previous ones... On a side note of digression... I see that at the present time, you and in seem to be twins in the feedback / transaction arena... We are both 119 years old. Well, then why do our avatars not match if we are so closely aligned? On the other hand, I see that you have about 1400 postings. I have a little over 1600. (Not to be competitive or anything...) but when did you get so chatty? Or do you have a secret other ebay group that tallies up the # of postings regardless of ebay group type? Is that it? Are you a member of some type of Paintings or Fine Arts ebay group? Ok, enough kidding and facetiousness... at least for the moment... it is a weekend day, afterall... and what else might one do on a Sunday Morning... aside from sitting in a pew? Well, chat, of course, regarding inconsequential matters... Maybe it's time for me to change my own clothing, eh? Seems like my own "suit" is so old and stiff from no wash, it can almost walk on its own! Armored for some possible retaliation, 😉 here in Whoville, Vermont, John.
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

John, According to my research even " Robert " blows me away in postings made . I have only a 3600 to his 4000 ...... 😉
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Chess Purring Kinduva Guy, 3,600 postings from you? Wowsers! And I and thought I was chatty! ;-) Now, as far as that 4,000 (allegedly made by our fearless coleader Robert), there are a number of possibilities there - that are likely more explanatory.... for surely, our "RKK" (Relatively Kuiet King) has not really posted anywhere close to 4,000 on these threads... Let's see... 1.) Robert is 4,000 years old. Right? Ummmm, no? 2.) Robert secretly has 4,000 chess sets in his puny collection. Again, no? 3.) Robert has 4,000 ANRIS in his secret stash. (Getting closer to the truth, wouldn't you think?) 4.) Robert, in his Kingly capacity (take a look at his avatar. Avatars don't lie, as I am surely a bona fide knight, and d-baron Duncan is a bona fide snow ball('s chance in hell... or a white knight... or whatever he is trying to portray...) 😮 😉 . (Umm....) But I digress.... as I was saying... Robert, in his Kingly capacity, has all kinds of secret, computer and software savvy ways to up his posting numbers. 4,000 indeed! Hmmph! Yes, and he also has 4,000 lovely queens in his Ottoman Empire Harem... 😮 ?:| 😉 5.) Robert has 4,000 octopus-like tentacles that he has at his beckoning call... to grab up every really nice chess set in Europe. Ok, I think the 4,000 really refers to the 4,000 holes I am digging on his behalf to bury myself into... after he and others read this off-the-wall posting right here... Truth be known and told... the 4,000 is really representative of the 4,000 past times (yes, Robert is keeping track of it in this insidious, diversionary way) that I have stuck my big Vermont foot in my big mouth (in part - for either the entertainment - or the irritation, and undoubted dismay - of others...) Ok, gotta go out now in the snow (at the moment) to get some fresh air. I think that cabin fever is starting early this year.... Just think of all of the boring postings I will be able to post, and into which you and others will want to bore a hole. Yes, each and every one. Maybe even 4,000 more! John (a Wise - during this Nativity Season, of course - Guy.) Hey, Guy - I think that both you and I have that in common... the Guy part, if not the Wise...! 😉 PS: Looking forward to receipt of your BCC CD within the next few days. Maybe I will borrow one of your horsies on the front cover to use as my own avatar. Ummm. Maybe not..... PPS: Hey, all, stop with the snowball throwing! 😉
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Methinks there must be an abundance of snow in Vermont. Someone definitely has cabin fever. ]:) :^O As for me, I guess I can see where my avatar could resemble a badly misshapen snowball. Especially if all you're seeing right now is snow. Kind of like snow on the brain. Simple truth is I'm just trying out a few different knights from my collection. Cabin fever without the snow. What can I say. As far as the number of postings- you hit right on target- I do frequent some fine arts/painting forums on ebay, as well as a few car-related forums. In case it ever snows here in California and I need to make a quick exit. Actually, all that part about the snow is not true. I love the snow and think I miss it more than anything else in my life here in California.
. . .

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

John, Number 4109 ]:)
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

RE: John's comment to Guy "3,600 postings from you? Wowsers! And I and thought I was chatty!" Well, the problem I see is that a single "John" posting is equal to 10 normal ones (maybe 20 when he really lets go). So by my reckonin' he's still KING with anywhere between 16,450 to 32,900 postings. Pretty impressive! :^O John is the chatmeister, bar none.
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

😉
Message 15 of 19
latest reply