cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The amount I get for my auctions has dropped!

Hi, The amount I get for each auction has dropped A LOT. I cant figure out what I have done wrong here. Oh please give me some advise to make my auctions better. I cant seem to figure out what changed. Thanks Laura
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hey Laura! A few notes- 1- Love the number of photos in your ad! Tell me this, tho... have you always used such large photos or is this new? I ask because I'm afraid the load time on dial-up would be horrendous! I have DSL and even so, the boy scout one took a bit to complete. Somewhere, I have a link to test load time. Soon as I figure out where I hid it, I'll post it here. 😉 I have found it to be fairly accurate and most useful. You may want to put smaller pics in the ad and have it so the buyer can 'click to enlarge'. Your listing service probably has this option in some of its templates. Doing so will greatly cut page load time. 2- You seem to have a different template for each ad. Try to find the one that you like best and use it for all your listings. I would also recommend building a 'me' page in a style similar to your listing page. A logo would be most helpful as well. By having a logo and your own set style, you are building brand recognition. Joe has explained this concept (and more!) in a few threads here, one being entitled 'ABOUT ME.......ABOUT ME........ABOUT ME'. In fact, if you haven't already, please read all threads started by noblespirit. Each one contains priceless info! :) 3- List more! I know it may be hard to rationalize this when sales are down, but consider this: From a buyer's perspective, someone with a fairly large number of listings is serious about their biz and will do more to please their customer. A seller with only a few listings may be viewed as not serious and possibly not concerned about whether the customer will be pleased and will shop them again. Hope I've helped! Don't be overwhelmed by all I've said... work on any changes step-by-step. Before you know it, they will be completed & you will be pleased! :) Nonie :o)
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Here's the link to test page load time http://www.submitplus.com/freeprograms.php?b=loadtest Nonie :o)
Message 3 of 3
latest reply