cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listings not showing up in search results after days...

A customer that watches my auctions informed me that our auctions were not showing up on Ebay search engine. She had tried for 3 days. I investigated and found that none of my auctions were showing up. Zero sales on 10 auctions and no looks on next 8 that went up that day. I called Ebay and was informed I was on a list of sellers that has been affected by technical problems with their search engine. I had to ask if fees would be returned and was told they would be when they got the problem fixed. I asked when they thought this would be taken care of and was told the techs were hoping for the end of July. I have lost my Ebay income for the last 2 weeks and may not be able to list auctions or Ebay store for 3 months. I was told that any lists or relists would not show on the search engines. I received no notice of this problem from Ebay until I called. I can find almost no mention in the community about this problem even though they said that many sellers are affected. Anyone out there in my shoes right now?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

There are currently at least TWO different issues I've experienced this past week regarding this symptom.

I contacted support and they offered temporary resolutions.

See details about both issues here:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Listings-not-showing-up-in-search-results/qaq-p/26913057/commen...

Please share with the group what  you find.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Sellers I watch are not coming up.  This is only one of the problems I am having the last 2 days. Not able ro read messages and can only do one thing on a sign in.  Keep sign in box doesn't work.  Techs have a lot of work to do to get things up and working.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

We just found out that some of our listings are not showing up (today 5/4) via the search engine.  They were listed onTuesday night (5/2) at 8:30pm.   We reported it to eBay and it looks like it might be a universal problem.  After running many search tests it appears that the problem comes and goes.  For example, when searching for sales by seller, using my eBay ID, all of my items may or may not show up.  One time all of them came up.  Then on the next search only three came up.  The same thing happened on individual item searches.  Sales last week were weak.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@tnc-antiques2
I am showing 3 items is that correct?
Are any of them offering the local pick up?
As mentioned above this has been a search glitch for some so I would remove it for now until ebay gets it fixed

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

No.  We have five items up on ebay.  I've done several searches.  Sometimes all five come up and other time just three.  All have free local pickup.  We will romove  local pickup on the items with no bids and run some tests.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

We removed local shipping from three of the five items.  The other two had bids and we couldn't change them.  Seems to be working for now.  However, we should keep in mind that we reported this problem to eBay and they might have done something manually to our listings.  The true test will be to check out searches on new listings.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I am seeing 5 now as well

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Wow, this is horrible.  The only suggestion i can make is to make a new ID.  If you connect to your existing PP, it should not be looked at as a total newbie, and call ebay to let them know. 

This is probably happening because there pick and choose of who gets seen is all out of whack. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

SINCE MONDAY I CANNOT LIST OR FIND MY ITEMS WHICH IS NOT FAIR IM SELLING FOR 9 YEARS AND THIS IS DETROYING MY FINANCES I RELY ON THIS INCOME IM STUCK WITH 1000.00 IN MERCHANDISE THAT CUSTOMERS ARE INTERESTED IN BUYING BUT I GUESS WE HAVE TO WAIT IT OUT  THIS IS A LIVING NIGHTMARE

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I want to thank everyone for the help. The local pick-up may be a culprit. I do want others to know that Ebay told me (i.e. the Philippines) that new lists and relists would not show up and that they are shooting for July 29th. to fix it. They also said I am among a list of many. The income thing is an issue. I have lost 2 wks. and will lose up to 3 months till this is done. I'm down to 54 store listings with 0 sales as I let them expire. I was just starting to expand and grow with different items. That is gone now with the income I was starting to count on. Thanks, Pete

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

same thing here, nothing work, just sold $100 items for $29.00 in auction!!
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Same problem here. Mine started May 12. From what I can tell so far, Many of my 1100 listing are not coming up in search on Ebay. If I clear all my data and my cache on my cell phone and do not sign in on ebay, I can see my listings. Seems to work better if I'm using my cell phone carrier and not my house wifi. Once I sign in on my ebay apps, can no longer see my listing. Have to sign back out and clear my cache again. Try it with out signing in after you clear your cache. Then I can see my listings

Message 13 of 13
latest reply