cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer opened a Return request on older model TIVO that he purchased New in original box, unopened.

I recently bought a Tivo sealed, new in box, unopened, at an estate sale and it sold on EBay. The Buyer is requesting a refund stating that TIVO does not support it anymore and he wants to be refunded item price plus shipping, even though i have that buyer has to pay shipping for returns on the listing.

THis could be a user error. I went to the TIVO website and confirmed this is an older model and they did stop live tech support for this model in Nov 2021, i feel he should have done more research on what he was buying. I am ok for him to return even though now the box has lost value when he opened it. Any suggestions on how to best respond to this buyer is appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Buyer opened a Return request on older model TIVO that he purchased New in original box, unopened.

@thehappyvirginian This platform offers a money back guarantee to all buyers. Your own  return policies are superseded by eBay’s return policy in the TOS. Unless this is a buyer’s remorse type of return you will have to  pay the return shipping. Once the buyer selects Item Not As Described you will have to pay for the return shipping or eBay will deduct it from your account, regardless of what you stated in your own listing. Your best bet is to accept the return and issue the return label or you will also receive a defect on your selling account. It happens; it's a part of selling online. Best of luck to you....

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you, i do understand and this will be ultimately a learning experience take away!

I appreciate your time.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply