cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export restrictions

Since when is Missouri not a part of the USA???

Trying to bid on a rifle scope and over 50% of the attempts are met with a stern reminder that such items have "export restrictions".

stupid, Stupid, STUPID 

According to the IRS, I'm still a citizen of this country.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

export restrictions

your state has a shipping restriction on scopes that have 'rifle', as its considered a firearm.Blame your state legislature for that, not Ebay.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

export restrictions

This response is ludicrous.  My state has no such regulations. 

In addition, this "restriction" is not uniform as I've found that I can bid on similar auctions and have been buying hunting optics from ebay sellers for years.

Go back and re-think the response as it is not based on fact.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

export restrictions

you really need to talk to your state legislature. If those items were shipped as an 'optical device', and not a 'riflescope' then yes, they can be shipped to your state.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

export restrictions

bonjourami, I also live in Missouri.  The OP is correct, Missouri has no problem with a rifle scope, gun scope, pistol scope etc being shipped into the state from a different state or country.  An actual firearm, yes.  They have to come FEL to FEL but not a scope.  So this is a EBay malfunction, not a Missouri problem

OP, just took a look at other threads of people having the same problem in other states.  EBay always has something screwed up, this is one of todays messes.  

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

export restrictions

Then why is the op, who lives in Missouri, being blocked from buying a riflescope,when they are selling like hotcakes here and are allowed? My bil in Il. ran into the same problem here,and was told by someone who knows, it is because Il>,and many other states, block the sale of riflescopes to their states, because it is considered an accessory to a weapon.That to even be able to ship with FedX, or UPS, the riflescope must be called an 'optical device' or they will not ship it.This is all part of Homeland Security's strigent weapons criteria/

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

export restrictions

Missouri does not "block import" of firearms, ammunition, or accessories. The state regulations are not the problem.  The use of the word "rifle/pistol/bazooka/whatever" is not the problem. The problem is not even uniform from one listing to the next as I have bids in on several other similar items.  The problem is some sort of "big brother" add-on that ebay is using(and not even a uniform use).

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

export restrictions

In another twist of this scenario, I've recently found that my zipcode is not recognized for the purposes of calculating shipping cost. Is THAT due to "my state's regulations" also?

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

export restrictions

Because EBay has it screwed up.  It's not Missouri, heck don't even need a permit for concealed carry.  So why do you think they would stop a rifle scope from being shipped here.  Look Illinois has some of the most restrictive guns laws in the country along with New York and California.  Missouri doesn't.  I live here, you don't.  I know Missouri has no problem the scope.  So I'll repeat this, IT IS AN EBAY PROBLEM NOT MISSOURI

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

export restrictions

Have had the same problem in Virginia, except 100% failure rate.  Customer service of absolutely no help. They

don't have a clue. Said so in my evaluation presumably to their supervisor, but no response, so I don't know what

you're supposed to do.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

export restrictions

My answer to this is to message any and all sellers who've been denied bids because of this and tell them ebay policies are costing them money. Ebay is cheating those sellers.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

export restrictions

As an example of just how messed up ebay is, I attempted to bid on a rifle scope WITHIN MY HOME STATE with the same results. My bid was denied due to "export restrictions".

We're talking a 4 hour drive w/o crossing a state border!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply