cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipping

i have a larger item listed. Ebay is only offering for a small to medium size package or freight option 

why are there not any options available for a large item?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

shipping

Are you talking about the pedal car?

If so, you are doing the right thing by listing it as local pickup only. I would not ship it anywhere. 

Shipping an large, heavy, inexpensive item like that is risky business if the buyer files a Item Not As Described type of return case. The seller is on the hook for the original shipping and the return shipping if you want the item back before refunding.   Jfyi. 

Posting ID
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

shipping

No not the pedal car It's the Syroco 5 am wall sconce candleholder that is not a small to medium item that I have a shipping issue with

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

shipping

Just check off "Small to Medium" but be sure to enter accurate package dimensions.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

shipping

Are you talking about using a USPS Priority flat rate box of some sort? If it won't fit in one of those boxes, you will have to provide your own shipping box.

You should be able to offer UPS, FedEx or USPS Ground Advantage. In the listing form, you can enter the exact size of the box you are shipping with and the total weight including all the packing materials and the sconce and then select a carrier.

I would probably be looking at shipping UPS with something like that. USPS is better for smaller items, imo.

Posting ID
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

shipping

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

Just check off "Small to Medium" but be sure to enter accurate package dimensions.

I use Business Shipping Policies.  What is the Small to Medium option?  I am unfamiliar with this.

Posting ID
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

shipping

No not USPS priority flat rate box. I am shipping this item UPS ground. I am just wanting to know why Ebay only offers small to medium package or freight and doesn't offer for a package that is larger for my Syroco 5 arm wall sconce that would not be freight or small to medium pakage.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

shipping

small to medium is the size of the package offered by Ebay in the shipping option. My package is larger than small to medium 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

shipping

Since eBay doesn't offer any definition of "Small to medium," maybe we should infer that 'Medium" encompasses everything that doesn't have to go by freight.  What do you think other sellers of large items would choose?  The shipping calculator goes by dimensions, so the semantics of sizing doesn't really matter.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

shipping

@lakefor94 wrote: ... I use Business Shipping Policies.  What is the Small to Medium option?  I am unfamiliar with this.

This is what the OP sees under shipping options on the listing form:

Screen Shot 2023-09-03 at 10.37.35 AM.png

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

shipping

Thanks for the info. I had no idea. 

Posting ID
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

shipping

I believe you are correct. That's the only option. I had called Ebay on Thursday, and they were supposed to send a ticket to have my request checked out. I never heard back. I called again today but they said they are still checking for an answer. Guess I will make sure my weight and dimensions are correct and hope for the best Thanks for your input.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

shipping

The dimensions will affect your postage cost only if the package has (1) length over 22 inches; or (2) volume over 1 cubic foot (i.e., 1728 cubic inches).  Since those sconces measure 5 by 15 inches, you can probably safely package them and keep your box under the cubic-foot limit. 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply