cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipping calculator

hi,the calculator gives the option for USPS retail ground when listing.however when i go to print a shipping label it only gives the option for priority.please help.it is a large item and 9 pounds.i am out 20 doaalrs.if i buy the priority option.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

shipping calculator

@9874judy wrote:

hi,the calculator gives the option for USPS retail ground when listing.however when i go to print a shipping label it only gives the option for priority.please help.it is a large item and 9 pounds.i am out 20 doaalrs.if i buy the priority option.

You cannot print a Retail Ground label on-line ... these rates are only available over-the-counter at the USPS.

The on-line (near) equivalent of Retail Ground is called Parcel Select, but there are some differences:

1. Parcel Select is subject to dimensional rates, and Retail Ground is not.
  2. Parcel Select is purchased on-line, and Retail Ground is purchased at the counter.
  3. In order to ship Retail ground to zones 1-4, it has to have either a hazardous substance or live animals inside ... there is a work around, however  ... you can put an Isopropyl Alcohol Pad in with your shipment and mark on the outside of the box "ORM-D Consumer Commodity", and now your package is "hazardous" and can be shipped to zones 1-4.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

shipping calculator

@9874judy wrote:

You cannot print a Retail Ground label on-line ... these rates are only available over-the-counter at the USPS.

The on-line (near) equivalent of Retail Ground is called Parcel Select, but there are some differences:

1. Parcel Select is subject to dimensional rates, and Retail Ground is not.
  2. Parcel Select is purchased on-line, and Retail Ground is purchased at the counter.
  3. In order to ship Retail ground to zones 1-4, it has to have either a hazardous substance or live animals inside ... there is a work around, however  ... you can put an Isopropyl Alcohol Pad in with your shipment and mark on the outside of the box "ORM-D Consumer Commodity", and now your package is "hazardous" and can be shipped to zones 1-4.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply