cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipped with 5lb and 5oz, receipt says 6lbs and .2oz

what do i do? i shipped it after a bidding and all the materials that i used to pack it was in the scale, am i screwed? it was a prepaid label and im worried because it was shipped already and its at the usps location.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

No worries. If USPS finds a problem, they will bill you the chump change.

There might not even have been a cost difference between 6 and 7 lbs.

Don't sweat it.

Posting ID
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

As lake said, worst case scenario, you'll be billed for the difference. USPS has something called the APV system which scans, weighs and measures packages as they go through sort facilities and if they find discrepancies they will bill or refund the shipper for the difference.

While it's possible the PO clerk had their hand or something else resting on the scale when they scanned in your package, I'd do a calibration of your own scale just to be on the safe side @ejyl-57 .

I don't know what service you used, but if it was either Ground Advantage or Priority you're looking at max $2 adjustment charge if your scale is the one that was off.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

yeah the guy had his had on it and it was priority mail

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

If you get hit with an APV charge, come back here for help on appealing it if the $2 matters to you @ejyl-57 .

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@ejyl-57 wrote:

yeah the guy had his had on it and it was priority mail

Then that weight at the PO counter on your receipt wasn't accurate and the APV system will probably figure out that you paid for the correct weight range.  If you underpaid or overpaid, then the APV system will send an adjustment to you through eBay.  

https://link.usps.com/2017/10/05/what-is-apv/

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/ship-smart/ebay-shipping-partners/avoid-extra-postage-costs....

Message 6 of 6
latest reply