cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seller said they refunded

After emailing back and forth for months now I can't even do that because eBay says it's been over 90 days since we began exchanging emails.  Seller said they were refunding for an item which was never received (even after they said they sent it again and it would arrive in two or three weeks instead of the original two or three months).  

But the refund was apparently delayed because paypal was just too darn busy according to the seller.  Imagine that!  I shouldn't blame the seller I guess because paypal is that backed up.  😉

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The seller is lying to you.

Refunds happen because you use the return and refund tools of eBay, and not because the seller sends you a message that claims that they will refund (or have refunded).

So with your eBay option expired, if the tracking shows that the item has not been delivered, go over to PayPal and open up an Item Not Received claim ... you'll get your refund, because PayPal will force the refund.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

you should know the resolution should be done from seller side in 24 hours maximum if he is good seller, pay pal system works fine, i don't understand you communicate with seller for 90 days its like a friendship chat not a buyer and seller chat, so you should know the basic knowledge for handling the refund from seller side, if seller says he refunded it should not take more than 24 hours to refund.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

The seller has like 235,000 transactions with around 98% positive ratings.  They are in China and gave me an arrival window of like 30 to 90 days with no tracking info other than "item has been shipped".  So much time went by that by the time I realized it was overdue I missed the deadline to have eBay step in by around 3 days.  That's when we started the email exchanges and the seller told me they would resend the item with a 3 week expected arrival as opposed to the 3 month max arrival time they originally quoted.  When That time frame came and went I asked again for a refund and after getting the run around for another week or two they finally agreed to a refund.  At this point I didn't think there was any other option open to me and I was quite frankly surprised that the seller agreed to the refund.  Then I continued to get the run around and didn't even know until today that there was a time limit to exchange emails.  I just wonder how many times the seller has pulled this **bleep** and how they have that many transactions and positive ratings.  I buy a lot of stuff off of eBay and have never had an unresolved problem before. The problem with buying a lot of items is that it's easy to lose track of items w/o tracking numbers, especially if they have expectant delivery dates of up to several months! 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Nope, can't get any refund that way. Seller apparently knew all they had to do was stall and delay and promise a refund and wait until we passed the point where 180 days had elapsed. And as to whether tracking shows that the item has been delivered... more often than not when dealing with these Chinese sellers they don't provide a working tracking number. It only tells you that the item has been picked up and shipped but almost never tells you anything more than a 'possible expected window of delivery' which in this case covered about three months.
Like I said elsewhere it's very easy to forget about items w/o tracking numbers when they give you such a wide time frame of a delivery estimate. It might be nice if there was some kind of alert that an item is due or past due to arrive. I've heard that can be set up in the Windows calendar but that it only alerts you to the Earliest arrival date which still wouldn't have helped me. I need the latest date alert. Oh well, someone will figure this all out someday. Thanks for your help.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

180 days is 6 months.  It's been more than 6 months since you made the purchase?  If you used a credit card, try calling your credit card company regarding a CHARGEBACK for an item never received.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 6 of 6
latest reply