cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

item lost in transit. cant request a refund. seller doesnt respond

on august 3 my item was shipped from NY (USA) to Croatia. Estimated shipping was untill Nov.12th. 

the item

Arrived in my country (Croatia) on 18th august... and no sign of it untill...

september 3rd. when tracking showed the item in Serbia....

later on september 3rd. its back in Croatia... after which, there's no tracking data.

2-3 weeks ago I've notified the seller... first he/she replied that they are on vacation for a week.. after that they stoped replying to any communication.

In my inventory, I cant make a request for "refund"... the button is missing.

and when I try doing that through "help-> get help with item that hasnt arrived" ebay shows me an error page.
what can I do?

item was payed through paypal. Should I request a return there?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@lucano_hr wrote:

ebay shows me an error page.
what can I do?

Yes, you have until 180 days from payment. Start your dispute here.

Then go back and click Escalate to PayPal right away. Don't answer if your seller contacts you now, and do not close the case! Just wait up to 11 days for your refund.

If you item eventually arrives, and it is exactly as described as it appears on the no-longer-available eBay listing, you can still repay your missing seller.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@lucano_hr wrote:

on august 3 my item was shipped from NY (USA) to Croatia. Estimated shipping was untill Nov.12th. 

the item

If the estimated delivery date isn't until Nov. 12th, you can't file an INR until Nov. 13th.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@kako_5344 wrote:

@lucano_hr wrote:

what can I do?

Then go back and click Escalate to PayPal right away. Don't answer if your seller contacts you now, and do not close the case! Just wait up to 11 days for your refund.

If you item eventually arrives, and it is exactly as described as it appears on the no-longer-available eBay listing, you can still repay your missing seller.

It's not even time for the item to be delivered, still have 2 weeks for it to show up.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@kako_5344 wrote:

@lucano_hr wrote:

what can I do?

If your item eventually arrives, and it is exactly as described as it appears on the no-longer-available eBay listing, you can still repay your missing seller.

1. PayPal does not use the last estimated delivery date: You can start a dispute 1 second after you paid.

2. The listing has already disappeared from eBay, and eBay already said here that  eBay cannot help you, no matter how much longer you wait.

Hi everyone, the issue seems to be that the purchase occurred more than 60 days ago so eBay no longer has access to the payment nor do we have transaction details. We cannot see
- the payment date,
- the estimated delivery date or
- any other information about this purchase.
Because of this, we cannot step in to make a decision

You are being played @lucano_hr both by your seller, and by posters here who don't know how eBay works.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

thanks for the reply. 

I had no problem waiting few more days. But since the seller doesnt reply, I wanted to get things straight. I believe first time I contacted him/her they postponed for a week intentionally, so the ebays internal "refund" time would expire. 

its worth notign that the person had relatively high shipping cost (similar item arrived in 2-3 weeks for 1/2 the shipping price). So I'm not sure if that will be "refundable"... since its possible that the person does this to "skim" the shipping costs. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@lucano_hr wrote:

its worth notign that the person had relatively high shipping cost (similar item arrived in 2-3 weeks for 1/2 the shipping price). So I'm not sure if that will be "refundable"... since its possible that the person does this to "skim" the shipping costs. 

You will get a FULL refund since you did not receive the item.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 7 of 7
latest reply