cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

item damaged by postal service during shipping.

I have filed a claim with USPS for the $50 insurance for an item damaged during shipping (automatic insurance coverage for Priority Shipping). My question is, do I refund the item's full purchase price AND the shipping cost to the buyer? The item sold for $50 and the shipping was almost $47.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

My question is, do I refund the item's full purchase price AND the shipping cost to the buyer? 

Of course. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Buyer would get a full refund.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@kpeterha wrote:

I have filed a claim with USPS for the $50 insurance for an item damaged during shipping (automatic insurance coverage for Priority Shipping). My question is, do I refund the item's full purchase price AND the shipping cost to the buyer? The item sold for $50 and the shipping was almost $47.

Yes, you refund the total amount paid by the buyer ... $97 in your case.

Sorry this happened.  Unfortunately, USPS insurance may not cover the damage since this was an easily breakable item (computer monitor).  Usually for such an item, you have to demonstrate that it was properly packaged (e.g., double-boxed with adequate separation between boxes), and that the package was pierced or crushed.  Good luck.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply