cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay fails to provide a way for buyers to purchase and print return shipping labels

I'm so angry just because I started my day with a phone call to ebay cs I explained to the most obnoxious annoying male individual on the phone that my return was completed, I was already refunded included shipping cost but didn't find an option on the ebay site to purchase and print a return label So the cs rep just starts going on and on and on talking talking talking oh i see your return has been completed and the seller issued your refund bla bla bla bla bla on and on and never shutting up  but never answering my question Eventually I get angry and yell at him but it doesn't help they just keep droning so I hung up Anyone else have this experience?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

ebay fails to provide a way for buyers to purchase and print return shipping labels

@lastfairdeal 

Gee whiz!

If you were refunded and no shipping label was provided, then you are not required to send the item back. 
When the seller wants the item back, they will send you a label.  

I’m not sure why one would boast about yelling at, and hanging up on, a customer service rep. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@lastfairdeal 

Seriously?  Are you pulling our leg?

What are you trying to accomplish here?  IF you got refunded your money then you have been made whole on the transaction.  What else is there to do?

In some instances it is not worth it to the seller to pay for a return label and then issue a full refund.  The seller makes a business decision and just refunds the buyer and does not require a return.  Sometime this happens when a seller is ignorant of the Money Back Guarantee process and fights it or messes up.

So you could contact the seller ONCE and offer to return the item if the seller sends a prepaid return label,  That would be stand up for you,  But I hesitate suggesting that with someone who reacts emotionally and yells at the person trying to help them.  Learned recently that that when things go badly one tends to win more frequently when they use their head and remain calm rather than scream and yell.

If you are concerned about having the item around and that bothers you - throw it away or donate it!  Perhaps you fortune could benefit others?

I mean as a seller your self you should understand how the Money Back Guarantee works and the obligations of sellers here when returns happen.  Why is this a mystery?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply