cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay envelope price for sending a 1/2 ounce pin how to get it

Hey folks,

the standard usps cost of $4 plus is not legit for sending a 1/2 ounce pin.  But the standard ebay envelope price does not come up as an option.  We want to use the ebay envelope option to send this for around or less than $1 as it is easy and stays in the system.

So how do we get that option to check when we list shipping to print the label.  Otherwise we have to take it to the post office to get the lower rate.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

ESE requires whatever in the envelope to be flexible for machining.  Pins are not. That's why its not part of the ESE program nor availible to be sent that way.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@farmalljr wrote:

ESE requires whatever in the envelope to be flexible for machining.  Pins are not. ....

Also, the envelope cannot be more than 1/4 inch thick at any point, which also rules out any pin which is packaged appropriately.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Hi @oneinfocus 

Please read this Help Page on eBay's Standard Envelope.  It is for SPECIFIC items and pins do not comply with the spec.  eBay standard envelope | eBay

eBay standard envelope is the low-cost way to ship small, lightweight items such as trading cards, postcards, stamps, patches, currency and coins, stickers and decals, greeting cards, and seeds with tracking included. 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

There are machines that run the mail that qualifies for this ESE program (or if you simply used a stamp)...and a pin would get caught in that machine so it's really out of the question.

You will have to pay the $4 to ship.

The way to handle it if your pins or not worth around $10 or more making it worth it, is to lot the pins up so you're selling multiple pins in one purchase.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

... And as a public service announcement I just checked my News feeds and the USPS managed loose 2.1 Billion Dollars Oct 2023 - Dec 2023.

Presto.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Simply put- pins are not an approved category for eBay standard envelope. There are many things one might want to try to ship by this method but if the category isnt approved it is not going to happen 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@retro_entertainment_collectibles wrote:

... And as a public service announcement I just checked my News feeds and the USPS managed loose 2.1 Billion Dollars Oct 2023 - Dec 2023.

Presto.

@retro_entertainment_collectibles 

What did they cite as the reason or reasons???

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Presto.

@retro_entertainment_collectibles 

What did they cite as the reason or reasons???

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/national-releases/2024/0208-usps-reports-first-quarter-fiscal-year-2...

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Presto.

NO, actually they did not.

This is a very old story. One which apparently nobody bothers to actually read.

If you dissect the info you will see that they made an operating PROFIT of $472 million.

HOWEVER the Federal government has foisted on them the insane notion that they have to pay into a retirement fund that guarantees pensions 75 years into the future. You know, for future workers that haven’t even been born yet. Why? So senators and congressmen can tell postal works “Look what we are doing for you - RE-ELECT ME!).

Think of it this way - the money you put into an IRA account is considered an asset, not an expense.

If you back out the pension requirements which total 2.544 billion that 2.1 billion loss suddenly becomes a profit of $472 million compared to a profit of $187 million last year. That, dear folks, is an improvement.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@oneinfocus 

"So how do we get that option to check when we list shipping to print the label.  Otherwise we have to take it to the post office to get the lower rate."

You will not be able to get the ESE rate directly at the post office -- they won't have a clue about what you are requesting.

The ESE is contracted business metered mail, and you can only get that imprint by purchasing it through eBay -- and ONLY for the few items which have been pre-approved by eBay.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Best chance that you have for low cost mailing would be  PWE at the PO, untracked as "non-machinable" (if it qualifies thickness wise)

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Got this under "collectibles and art"earings.jpgebay envelope 2.jpeg

Message 13 of 13
latest reply