cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay, with the Free Returns being the new roll-out, are you warning buyers? And other questions...

So, you've assured us sellers that buyers will be monitored for returns and action will be taken if the policy is abused. Did you TELL buyers that? 

What's going to happen when so many people abuse it and you have very few honest buyers left on the platform, and you have even fewer honest sellers who can afford to sell here?

Is this a set-up for bankruptcy and re-organization of the company? Do your shareholders agree with this strategy? Do THEY even know? 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

eBay, with the Free Returns being the new roll-out, are you warning buyers? And other questions...

When buyers take advantage of sellers by being dishonest, just how is eBay affected?

eBay only has to refund final value fees. That's the money you paid eBay and they have had the use of it for XX number of days. That's an interest free loan you have provided to them. 

eBay hasn't paid out a dime of their money. They gave your money back to the shady buyer. In far too many cases eBay doesn't even bother to make the refund of your money contingent upon the return of the goods.  I call it the R&R policy. Refunded to the buyer and Retained by the buyer.  That means the seller loses everything.

There's no chance eBay is  going bankrupt. Nor is there any reason for a re-organization. 

Do share holders even know?  The answer is no. Nor do they care.  Half or more of eBay employees neither know or care.

I've tried to explain the reasoning and mechanics  of eBay's distant land customer service and I haven't been successful.  

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

If sellers are not making money, sellers will leave. When buyers are abusing policies (to steal from sellers), they will get suspended. No good sellers. No honest buyers. Yes, shareholders will care at that point and will leave because there's a huge drop in the bottom line.

No kidding you haven't been successful at explaining?
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

THIS HAS GOT MY ATTENTION

With all the problems I have gone through with this platform I can't believe what I am reading..

Does anyone think ebay works for sellers?

I and all other sellers better research this topic as I can see this does not look good for Sellers

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Reply to self...well after three times ebay did get back to me.

I will state now that I think the people you talk to when you call are the BEST. I have always had the best customer service ever.

I have no idea why my ad had free shipping on it. I didn't write free shipping anywhere which I would do.

I got the Fast and Free expained to me. I was mistakenly thinking this is why it shipped for free.

SO I was WRONG when I wrote my last post. 

I have and will never get a answer as to why this ad had free shipping. I am shipping at a loss..

As I did say ealier this platform has always had quirky problems that make my eBay life hard

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Hi Monkey -
eBay does not want TRS sellers. Since they've pretty much stripped us of our benefits if we do not conform to policies that produce losses rather than profits, there's no point in even trying to be a TRS. The quality of sellers will go down, the quality of buyers has already taken a slide and will gain momentum to the bottom...
Honest buyers will have so little to choose from, they'll leave too because good sellers are leaving.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

That's correct. I haven't done a good job of explaining my opinion of how and why eBay's customer service is organized the way it is, how it functions and how it meets it obligations to eBay.

We would all welcome your analysis of customer service. And I would encourage others to offer their explanations - maybe in a new thread.

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 7 of 7
latest reply