cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay tracking information not updating

Hi 

So I'm a new seller on eBay trying to sell my goods and i shipped something from Albania to Russia. Took only about 13 days and the buyer has received the goods already but the eBay tracking information did not show anything at all. It just says "tracking number was provided"  but i know that the goods have been delivered already. I've asked the buyer myself. How can I resolve this. I really want to get my money.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

The ebay tracking information is an unreliable system. It works okay within the US and sometimes with carriers outside the US. If you send something from Albania to Russia just send your buyer the tracking link from either the Albanian or Russian Post.  

But from how you phrase your question it seems  that you have a problem getting your payment from ebay.  The fact that you are not getting money from ebay is not related to the tracking information unless your buyer has opened a claim for not having received his item but this is not the case.  That you are not getting your money will have a different reason, it has nothing to do with the tracking 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Assuming that your ebay payout method is set up properly, you could try this...

Get a screen shot of the tracking information (hopefully in English) showing that the item was delivered   Then contact ebay through Facebook or Twitter by sending a private message with your ebay ID, item number and screenshot and ask them if they can mark the item as delivered so that you can receive your funds.

If that doesn't work or it isn't possible to do, you may have to wait 6 days after the expected delivery date.

When (held) funds become available for payout

Here are the time frames when your funds will become available for payout:

• Within 24 hours after we confirm the order was delivered if you pay for shipping and print labels on eBay
  • Within 24 hours after we confirm the order was delivered if you ship directly using USPS, UPS or FedEx and manually enter your tracking information to My eBay
  • 6 days after the latest estimated delivery date if you don’t upload tracking information, but you mark the item as shipped in My eBay
  • 21 days after the buyer pays if you don't provide tracking information, mark the item as shipped, or the estimated delivery date can't be calculated. In such cases, we may use buyer feedback as a delivery confirmation along with other factors

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4155&s...

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

It would be related to tracking if they are holding the new seller's payment until there is proof of delivery.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

auctionpet
Guide

You'd be better off posting to the boards for the site you sell on. This being the US site, we're no familiar with the Postal system you use.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

They are selling on this site.  

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I also sold one item and provided tracking.

Already parcel delivered as per courier service site.

But Still eBay just shows. "Tracking Number provided"

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

That happens ALL the time on my items too whenver I use Freight shipping carriers like Pilot Freight or Estes freight. Despite eBay reps seeing it was delivered when I call they tell me there is no way for them to mark it as delivered. So they ruin our stats with their broken system and they know it, but they won't fix it.   :<(  Every month I get notices that I am being punished for bad delivery stats but oh well.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Wow, the coments on this post gives me so much confort...

I'm having a lot of problems with tracking when I send them to non US buyers.

When I make a sale that goes to the United States, tracking I upload to ebay works perfectly, but when they're going to China, Canada, United Kingdom or others, tracking never updates information. I worry that a buyer may wanna start a claim eventhough he receive the package, besides of damaging my rating.

Does anyone knows if this has been corrected?

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Ebay's tracking system has never worked properly. It does not update properly, and probably never will. I've been on the phone with Ebay customer service many times in the past 6 years of selling on Ebay about this. The reason I'm posting this now is becasue for the second time I just had Ebay release funds back to a dishonest buyer even though tracking clearly show's shipped through ANY other tracking source other than Ebay. I've already been on the phone with Ebay customer service 3 times over the past 5 days, reported the buyer for false claim and appealed online. Not only that, but in the past year or two I think Ebay is using AI to gererate responses via messages, becasue the STINK of AI. It's so obvious that it's not a real person. It's so weird. However, I have had buyers in the past claim that they did not receive Item and after the first phone call with Ebay customer service I got my money released back to me. Probably because the person I spoke with knew how to do their job.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options?id=4089&st=3&pos=2&query=S...

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply