cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay should protect sellers during this outbreak..not just employees and buyers

For those of us who have to go to the post office every day to ship our orders, it has become of great concern that ebay is doing nothing.  Perhaps allowing those who offer same or one day shipping to delay and ship in 2 days....we would only have to go to the post office 2-3 times a week instead of 5...thus lessening our exposure.  It seems like they just never land in the seller's corner.  You can't call right now...phone contact is unavailable "to protect their employees".  So who protects our business?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

As a seller you have control over the days you ship and weather you offer next day, same day or 7 day lead-times to ship.

Change your shipping times and days if you dont want to ship everyday.

Also the USPS does pickups. You just need to schedule for pick up.

You as a seller need to protect yourself with the tools provided.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@dith612 wrote: ....  Perhaps allowing those who offer same or one day shipping to delay and ship in 2 days....... So who protects our business?

As noted in the other post, you have options to protect your business.  Revise your handling time.  Carrier pickup is available for at least 90% of USPS residential customers.  Many eBay sellers NEVER go to the PO.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@dith612 wrote:

For those of us who have to go to the post office every day to ship our orders, it has become of great concern that ebay is doing nothing. 

They already give you the option of changing your handling time.

If you don't want to ship every day, change your handling to a time that suits you.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Good advice from these posters. It's also good that you recognized your need so quickly in this situation.

Forget the phone calls to C/S... HERE  is who protects our business.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Change your handling time on all of your items.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

None of these suggestions do anything to help those of us that are power sellers. If we change handling time we could lose our fee discount and how are items come up in searches.

Ebay should be doing something so we dont have to go to the post office every day and in doing so putting ourselves and families at risk.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Well, if they don't offer anything you can look at this way:

Fee savings on $2k is $20? Best to move the handling time- You can raise the price of 20 items $1 and cover that. 

Being TRS has not had anything to do with search placement for quite some time, especially when 'sponsored' listings started. Free shipping has more pull on search placement than TRS. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@jack*bauer*24 wrote:

None of these suggestions do anything to help those of us that are power sellers......

Ebay should be doing something so we dont have to go to the post office every day and in doing so putting ourselves and families at risk.

Perhaps avoiding risk may be more important than gaining a few dollars ?

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@jack*bauer*24 wrote:

None of these suggestions do anything to help those of us that are power sellers. If we change handling time we could lose our fee discount and how are items come up in searches.

Then schedule carrier pick-up.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

@jack*bauer*24 wrote:

None of these suggestions do anything to help those of us that are power sellers......

Perhaps avoiding risk may be more important than gaining a few dollars ?

YUP, nothing stopping you from putting your ID on vacation. If I had a family member in a high risk category I sure would. 

Heck though I'm still delivering mail I told my in-laws that I'm not coming up there until this blows over, they are 79 and 82. I'm also not going to go to the B&M, so far that county is case free and the county I work in has 2 confirmed cases.

Sure loosing the money maybe a hardship you may just have to deal with weighing the pros and cons.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I also self-ship and I have protected myself by simply ending all of my items. Has it occurred to you to do the same?

Message 12 of 12
latest reply