cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay calculating faulty shipping charges?

I recently sold three low-value items to the same buyer [auction style that ended one after the other]. Each individual item was listed with a flat fee international shipping charge of $ 3.00

Much to my chagrin, I noticed that the buyer was charged only $ 2.00 for all three items combined!

I cannot find anywhere in my settings where I have allowed this to happen, though I readily admit that I may have done something wrong here or there. That said, this is the first time this happened to me, and I did recently increase the shipping charge on individual items from $ 2.00 to $ 3.00.

Searching this forum has not led me to any solution of this problem. I am sure it must be a setting somewhere, but I cannot find it in my preferences.

Any help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Check your shipping preferences page to see if you have combined shipping rules set up.  https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf

Another user reported a similar problem with auction listings yesterday, but has not come back with more info.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/Combined-Shipping-Ebay-calculated-but-too-low/m-p/34264821#M4...

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for your reply, however I checked that before posting and I have NO combined shipping rules set up.

Could this be an item specific shipping rule which is not accessible from my preferences settings?

It is curious nevertheless that another user seems to have the same issue.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

When I go into the shipping and payments tab of one of your sole listings it shows me that for shipping to the US:

“Pay a maximum of $2.00 shipping on all eligible items from usaf.authentics.”

So it does look like you have a flat rate combined shipping rule or a promotional shipping rule set up and associated with those listings.  In order to see it on your listing you will need to change your location to the US as it appears to be set up for domestic shipping only.Keep in mind that when you list on .com shipping to the US is always considered as domestic.

On another topic - - Since shipping to the US is domestic, Instead of using ‘economy shipping’ (which is used by some US sellers) in your shipping section, you should choose one of the choices for international sellers.  ‘Economy, standard or expedited shipping from outside of the US’    That will give you a longer estimated arrival time so you shouldn’t  have to use as long of a handling time.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Good eye @pjcdn2005 ! I completely missed that "pay maximum of $2.00" note in small font up at the top. 👏

It's should be a setting on the shipping preferences page linked above.

You said you checked combined shipping rule, but did you check for a flat shipping rule or a promotional shipping rule?

Did you check to see if you have rate tables set up? I think it's going to be one of the rules mentioned above.

And PJ is correct that you should select shipping "from outside the US" for more accurate estimated delivery dates.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

This is also in response to @pjcdn2005

Thanks for taking the time to look into this. I pulled up the sale of the culprit item that ended last week and like you I saw it does include the

“Pay a maximum of $2.00 shipping on all eligible items from usaf.authentics.” line on the shipping page.

However.... I currently do not have a flat rate combined shipping rule nor any promotional shipping rule set up. It looks like eBay automatically added/activated this option, or rather it lives on, most likely inherited from older listings that indeed included this option.

I will have to look further into the international shipping options. Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply