cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay automatically defaults shipping weight and won't allow me to change.

When I try to sell a lot of multiple items, ebay seems to automatically populate the recommended shipping, which is fine, but when I try to insert my own specifications and revise the listing, the weight returns to the original recommended settings and I can't seem to do anything else. At first I thought it was because I chose to use the sell similar item feature, but it seems to persist even when I make my own unique entry.

For example: weight is given as 2 lbs. I change it to 3 lbs, 12 oz. Even if I revise, it still reverts back to 2 lbs. I tried turning off the recommended shipping option, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I've already probably lost 20-30 dollars in extra shipping fees because of this. Please help. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

use the advaced listing form and make sure you are using calculated shipping

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for the reply. So that would be the better way to list an item with more control, I assume. But what about the items I already have listed? I don't really want to recreate all of the listings, and since it gives me the option to edit the weight, then I should be able to. Is there anything else I'm missing here? 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@sab19870 wrote:
 .. For example: weight is given as 2 lbs. I change it to 3 lbs, 12 oz. Even if I revise, it still reverts back to 2 lbs. .... 

Postage is charged in full-pound increments; the domestic postage for 3 pounds 12 ounces is the same as for 4 pounds.

Have you tried just changing the pounds entry,  from 2 to 4?  Are you saving your changes?

Do you know which version of the listing form this is happening on? Even if you need to switch from the Quick form to the Advanced form, you don't need to recreate the listings, but you'd have to end them so you could switch the form while relisting.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I have tried changing the pound increment and leaving the ounces as 0, same result. As for saving, it appears all I can do is simply confirm that I want to revise the listing; there doesn't appear to be an option to save any portion of the item listing individually. 

If I use the advanced setting, then it will be listed as whatever weight I set, but if I switch back to basic, it reverts to 2 pounds. So it is the quick form, but if I switch between them it seems like it changes, so I'm assuming it's not really going to be sold with my altered weight. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply