cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Standard Envelope - can't select 2x7 labels

I'm brand new to selling and just made my first sales. These were for trading cards under $20 so I wanted to use the new Standard Envelope shipping option. However, I am unable to select the 2" x 7" label option for my DYMO 450 printer with this service. When I went to the 'print in bulk' option it seemed like I was able to select 2" x 7" but the PDFs that were generated are in a 4" x 6" format. 

Is there any way to print Standard Envelope labels in the 2" x 7" format?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Good lord I hope you find the answer to this question....I've had this question for a couple of weeks.  I'm having to print the 4x6 size on a regular printer because the 2x7 is not an option to select for the dymo.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Count this in the "not super helpful" category, but what I've been doing is taking a screenshot as small as I can, with all the info still in it. Then I print doing the scale -> fit entire image option and it comes out pretty well on the 2x7. Not the easiest process though

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

jordanw2189
Adventurer

So here's what I've found to work for printing on 2x7 thermal labels for the Standard Envelope option. It's an extra step or two but it works and everything prints the same size as it would if you printed on an 8x11 piece of paper. Print the label from eBay in 4x6 size, and save it to your desktop or something. Open the label as a PDF with Adobe Reader and use the "Take a Snapshot" tool and select all of the label that has the shipping info - leave out the bottom dead space that is part of the PDF. Open it in a new PDF. Print it via Adobe Reader with the label size selected for " 7" Shipping Label " and it will print to normal scale. I'm using a MacBook and a Brother QL-800 printer. Hopefully this helps.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I'm late to the party on this one but the 2x7 labels in Dymo software are # 99019 . In the version of the software I'm using they are called "Confirmation" under All Label Types 2-5/16 x 7-1/2

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Print the 4x6 using your 2x7 thermal printer. This will print just the recipient address. Next, use a graphics editor to rotate the image 180 degress. Print the new image. This will print the endicia header.

You must use something that actually rotates the original. So some preview type apps will show you a rotated image but the actual image is not truly rotated. Gimp or Photoshop will rotate 180. There might be online apps too.

I use this method to send trading cards in standard envelopes with my thermal printer. I used to do a bunch of cutting and rotating and saving and... that is not necessary if you can rotate the image. 

Until we find a REAL solution to our shared trouble...I Hope this helps

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply