cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Standard Envelope Tracking Number's

For the 4th time this month, I have had to respond to another buyer who has not received their trading card. This is ridiculous. I have had problems about once a month in the past. It is getting worse than ever now.

I am NOT the Post Office, I sold the item, I mailed the item with the eBay standard envelope and the buyers want to quiz and question me about the shipping of the item. The majority of these items do not make it past my Central Mail Facility for my state. It's like the item is stuck as it doesn't move for 8 days or more.

I think that since eBay came up with this genius idea, that they (eBay) should be handling on these requests for info. And you can be guaranteed that if the seller opens a "item not received" case, guess who's gonna have to pay???? Yup, even after I did everything I am supposed to do, I take the hit because the **bleep** postal service can't do their job.

I first had an account on December 28, 1998, almost 25 years now. I got my password compromised in August 2017 and had to close that account. I re-opened this current account during the same time. Now I feel that after a full generation, I am getting out of eBay. The sales have fallen off, the buyers don't look for deals anymore - they want steals, and then we have to deal with this stupid eBay tracking system. I guess I'm just tired, a lot of things happened in the past 25 years.

I am going to be better off selling on my Facebook Marketplace. Think about - no fees at all, no taxes, no shipping (I do local pick-up only) and no hassles.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@ricksonestophobbyshop wrote:

and then we have to deal with this stupid eBay tracking system.

Standard Envelope is an option, no one has to use it.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

If your envelopes are having problems you are probably making them too rigid. 

Don't use top loaders, search youtube for videos on best ways to pack with standard envelopes.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

USPS came up with this service. It is called different names for different companies who are using it.

Ebay decided to do something to help its sellers who sell items of questionable profitability.  If you want to blame this on them, they might draw conclusions about whether to help these low priced sellers in the future.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

"Local Pickup" I don't think so.  I have zero desire to invite people to my home.  I can name reasons, but I don't want to be mean.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I haven't had an issue with it so far.  It's saving me a ton of money and also allowing me to compete with sellers who always ship with a stamp.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply