cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delivered to agent?

Image 2.jpgThe package was addressed to a street in melbourne ky.    What does this mean?  I will call usps in the morning but just wondering if someone knows. 

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

delivered to agent?

@tripper101 wrote:

lives in melbourn ky and that is what is on the label

Then a call to ebay is in order to get this cleared up ASAP.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

delivered to agent?

That is the ebay global shipping center where the package is then resent to the buyer in another country .

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

delivered to agent?

HMMMM.  I have never used global.  Will call usps in the morning.  The label had nothing to do with global.  Wonder if the box had something on it I missed?

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

delivered to agent?

Does your buyer live in Melbourne, KY? Or did you send an international order via the GSP in Erlanger, KY?

Since the first 3 digits of the zip codes are the same, it's possible that your package was inadvertently given to the GSP facility rather than to a private residence. Companies that receive tons of mail often get mail that doesn't belong to them at all.

I suggest you call eBay, ask for the GSP department and explain that your package may have been mis-sorted and accidentally delivered to the GSP and not to a resident of a nearby town.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

delivered to agent?

@tripper101 wrote:

HMMMM.  I have never used global.  Will call usps in the morning.  The label had nothing to do with global.  Wonder if the box had something on it I missed?

I'm pretty sure you must have used it as that is what is showing up.

Are you OPTED out of the Ebay Global Shipping? Check your seller preferences.

Once an item is accpeted at the Global Shipping Center in Erlanger, your job is done.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

delivered to agent?

@duchess-at-speakeasy wrote:
Does your buyer live in Melbourne, KY? Or did you send an international order via the GSP in Erlanger, KY?

Since the first 3 digits of the zip codes are the same, it's possible that your package was inadvertently given to the GSP facility rather than to a private residence. Companies that receive tons of mail often get mail that doesn't belong to them at all.

I suggest you call eBay, ask for the GSP department and explain that your package may have been mis-sorted and accidentally delivered to the GSP and not to a resident of a nearby town.

~~C~~

Duchess may be right.

Call Ebay

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

delivered to agent?

I am opted out always have been for years and years.  Plus I am shipping from usa to usa.  plus shipping label shows correct address not the processing center

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

delivered to agent?

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

delivered to agent?

@tripper101 wrote:

Then a call to ebay is in order to get this cleared up ASAP.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

delivered to agent?

@tripper101 wrote:

Uh oh.

There was a buyer awhile back who lived in Ehrlenger. He was complaining that a lot of his packages would go to the GSP center. They get so much Priority mail that they just assume everything is going there without looking at the label. He suggested blacking out anything that says eBay on the box or label.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

delivered to agent?

This particular item gets shipped in the big lts box it comes in.  I use a lot of ebay branded packages but this is not one of them.  I checked the box, I have several more of that item here and their is nothing to cause this on the box.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

delivered to agent?

The only thing ebay will clear up is to close the case in my favor.  I guess the customer  does not get the item.  Hopefully ebay will give them a courtesy refund.  It is only a 20.00 item.  12.00 shipping or so it is a larger box.  Just hate talking to ebay customer service.  I wonder how many people I will have to explain this to. 

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

delivered to agent?

I called usps and they said it would be delivered today and said the tracking info was wrong,  the info would be updated to the correct info.   Guess I will wait untill tomorow to call ebay and get this closed. 

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

delivered to agent?

I called ebay and the automated system closed the case in my favor.  Got the message case is closed no refund required and any feedback will be deleated.  Took all of a minute.  The error in tracking still shows but usps is telling me the customer has the package.   So this worked out thanks for all the suggestions.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

delivered to agent?

@a*river*runs*through*it wrote:

@tripper101 wrote:

Once an item is accpeted at the Global Shipping Center in Erlanger, your job is done.

Now you just have to wait for the, ' package not accepted, ' notification which usually means that your buyer just found out that the taxes are 3x what they paid and would have not been collected if you had sent it regular mail, and just didn't respond to any of the pick up notices. INR in the making. 

Message 15 of 16
latest reply