cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another question about Priority Mail supplies used as packing material

I am not starting a debate on right/wrong/depends on the circumstance of using free USPS supplies as padding for non PM shipments but I do have a couple of questions. 

I received twelve (12) padded PM FREs as cushioning in a shipment. (Unused)

The seller had cut off the ends where the peel off strips were on every one of them. 

1. Can I reuse them and just tape the ends closed? It would make the envelopes smaller and not regulation sized, only reason I hesitate..There is no writing or other alteration to the envelopes.

2. Why? Why on earth would anyone do this? You can tell they were cut with a scissors so doubtful they were factory rejects.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Interesting. I never would have thought of that. SMH. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

64C9AE63-D689-462A-B1E6-45328C2E61C5.jpeg

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@creoleorchid wrote:

I am not starting a debate on right/wrong/depends on the circumstance of using free USPS supplies as padding for non PM shipments but I do have a couple of questions. 

I received twelve (12) padded PM FREs as cushioning in a shipment. (Unused)

The seller had cut off the ends where the peel off strips were on every one of them. 

1. Can I reuse them and just tape the ends closed? It would make the envelopes smaller and not regulation sized, only reason I hesitate..There is no writing or other alteration to the envelopes.

Call the PO and ask. The Postmaster can let you know for certain.

2. Why? Why on earth would anyone do this? You can tell they were cut with a scissors so doubtful they were factory rejects.

Because your seller is a lowlife who is trying to skirt regulations. They want free padding, so they make the envelopes unusable. In their pinhead mind that makes it okay, since they're not using a usable product to pad their packages. They don't have a stack of used ones laying around, so they order new ones then damage them to make them "used".

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Interesting. I never would have thought of that. SMH. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@creoleorchid wrote:

2. Why? Why on earth would anyone do this?

Because they are dishonest.  If they are dishonest with the USPS, they will be dishonest with customers also.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply