cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong item sent by seller - Who's responsible for absorbing the return shipping?

I bought a new shirt, the size was correct, new with tags, but the sizing was not regular and was 'Tall'.

The description did not include this anywhere, and while the seller accepted the return, who's responsible for shipping costs back to the seller? Is it the buyer or the seller? I wasn't sure how this part worked with eBay, so I wanted to check.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Wrong item sent by seller - Who's responsible for absorbing the return shipping?

If it isn't described right, the seller pays return shipping.

Go to your purchase history and click return item and select, the item doesn't match the description as the reason.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If it isn't described right, the seller pays return shipping.

Go to your purchase history and click return item and select, the item doesn't match the description as the reason.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Awesome, thank you 👍

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

eBay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers is very good.  All you need to do is open an item not as described case as the other poster has detailed for you.

Perhaps you might also want to take the time to read the MBG in its entirety, so that you'll be prepared with prior knowledge should this happen again.  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply