cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst nightmare swapped packages

Hi everyone, 

Everything that could possibly go wrong with this sell has now and the customer is so nice. They bought flagging tape from me which disappeared (still haven't found it). I then asked if it was okay if I substituted a different brand that I could just pick up at the store on the way to the post office and they were completely fine with that. They now just messaged me and instead of getting the flagging tape they got someone's shirt and asked me how they should proceed. This is so embarrassing because it's the same person two mistakes and then it's involving another person now. What I was going to do is immediately refund them. Contact the other seller and also refund them for the shipping and the item. Then I was going to email them shipping labels with the other people on it so they could mail to the other customer.  By refunding the money if someone doesn't do it at least they got their money back. 

My problem is should I email the label because I'm afraid if I put the shipping date on it they may not ship it that date?  Does it matter if they don't?  Or should I just refund all their money and paypal their email address enough money to ship to the other?

How would you handle this? I haven't contacted the other person yet. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Never mind. ..I panicked both buyers are really understanding and I figured out a good solution.
What's weird though is I shipped something that was first class with a flat rate padded envelope postage $7 and something weighing over a pound with with $3 postage. I can't believe this wasn't caught.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Sometimes you get in such a panic, you make a bigger mess trying to solve it 🙂 I have done this many times. Thank goodness the people were nice about it. Next time    Take a breath 🙂  Good Luck

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thank you 🙂
You are completely correct. ♡
Message 4 of 4
latest reply