cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When USPS First Class Mail International gives you a tracking number?

Hi, some days ago I bought some collectible cards and is sent by USPS First Class Mail International. In the order details, it says that the order has been shipped, and I understand that it means that the seller has left the product in the mail service. So when I will have a tracking number? Since I need it before it arrives to my country to inform the customs of my country.

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Usps First Class International mail does not have tracking.
If I am incorrect someone will chime in to tell us.

eBay does not require sellers to ship with tracking numbers. All you should focus on are the estimated dates of delivery in the order details. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Not even inside USA? I just need something that identifies the package.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

First class international packages do have tracking within the US and tracking does  continue on in some countries.  For the collectible cards, , the seller may be using first class lettermail which does not have tracking in or outside of the US.

If the seller was using a service with tracking and printed the label n eBay the tracking number would have shown right away.   If you don’t see it in your purchase history you will have to ask the seller if he does have one.  Sellers are not required to ship with tracking.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@ramiroar 

Have you contacted the seller to ask about a tracking number?

As others have stated, USPS First Class International Letters do NOT have tracking -- but USPS First Class International Packages DO have tracking.

But if the seller shipped your cards by using eBay International Shipping (EIS), that's entirely different.

So find out from your seller exactly WHICH shipping method was used.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply