cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do when eBay and DHL say a package is delivered when it wasn't

Okay so here's my situation. I ordered a package off eBay. The destination was addressed a small commercial business, with no mailbox or lockbox (as mail is put in through a letter slot in the door). Both eBay and the DHL tracking both say the package was delivered though. But here's the problem: delivery was stated to have happened on December 23rd, 6:07 PM local time. Delivery should have been impossible as I was out of town at that time, the business was closed until December 28th, therefore nobody was there to receive it, and security camera footage showed nobody attempting to deliver at said time ether. All neighboring businesses stated no delivery was made to them either.

What should I do now?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If it were me I would probably wait until tomorrow as it is possible that they scanned the item as delivered but then ran out of time to deliver it. If that's the case, it will hopefully be delivered this afternoon. If not delivered today, you could contact DHL.  Or you could contact them now and explain your situation. 

If you file an item not received claim with ebay and the item shows as having been delivered you would lose the claim so it would be best to try dealing with the courier first.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

That.  Do That.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply