cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What countries will eBay charge me extra fees when I already have international shipping

Question: What countries will I incur a hidden extra fee due to some license or whatever eBay pays and they said therefore I have to pay it.I’ve called eBay for a list of these countries but so far they haven’t sent me anything. I need to know ASAP because in this case (which is in the past now) the buyer actually had an American address but he was registered in another country THEREFORE even though I shipped within USA I incurred and extra fee of over $70. For a license eBay didn’t really need to get . 

So I asked eBay to send me a list of the countries this could happen to me again . So far nothing.

I spent a long time on eBay trying to find out where I can pick and choose what countries I’d ship to but cant find that either.

Yes I have international shipping. And yet I  still incurred a really big extra charge from eBay.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

What countries will eBay charge me extra fees when I already have international shipping

You are charged international fee for all international buyers unless you use EIS to ship.

I checked a few of your listings and you do not ship internationally.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4822&st=3&pos=3&query=Sellin...

janet9988_0-1710980890209.png

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Hi @koijewls 

You can turn complete regions of the world ON or OFF or within each region each country ON or OFF on this page in your account settings:  Exclude shipping locations

Shipping Preferences (ebay.com)

As it relates to eBay fees you pay the international FVF when a Buyer is outside the US but has a US address (usually via a freight forwarding company).  As to that $ 70 charge you are referring to, how was the Fee described and was it on your Recent Transaction report on you Payment Summary page (over on the right)

Seller Hub | Your financial summary | eBay

If you KNOW the name of the fee you can probably google what countries apply to their inbound purchases from the US.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

You really shouldn't be incurring any fees for international sales if you're using eBays International shipping. When you use EIS you are only shipping to the hub within the US. eBay handles the international portion of shipping. eBay's International Shipping 
If you incurred any charges for international shipping then you have listings that aren't shipping with eIS. 

IMG_1408.jpeg

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

You are charged international fee for all international buyers unless you use EIS to ship.

I checked a few of your listings and you do not ship internationally.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4822&st=3&pos=3&query=Sellin...

janet9988_0-1710980890209.png

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

You don't need a list.

If the buyer is from another country, doesn't matter which one, you'll be charged the extra fee.

If you use EIS, they don't charge the extra fee.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

OP sold a $4,000 plus item. 

Must have gone out of the country.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@buyselljack2016   Thank you, Sold items were not visible for the last few days ... 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Actually at that price it sounds like the 1.65% currency conversion fee that is charged anytime a foreign source of funds is used - even if it is being shipped in the US.

I have been selling internationally since 2004 and I never been charged any kind of a "license fee". And that includes recent sales to Germany despite the new rules.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

As others mentioned, it is not a license fee. eBay charges that fee when the buyer is registered in another country or if the package is going to another country.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

You are correct. I should have been clearer with my post, to cover all the bases by also stating that the payment would also likely been done with "an out of the country payment source".  Seller does not ship international, but I failed to include every if, and, or but in my post. My bad for leaving any t's uncrossed, and i's without dots allowing for any doubt about what was going on.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Yup. Was experiencing that as well and I was surprised to see that "I could see" solds😁

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@koijewls wrote:

So I asked eBay to send me a list of the countries this could happen to me again . So far nothing.

That's because there probably is no 'list'

If your buyer is registered from any other country in the world (except the United States) you will incur the 1.65% International Fee

(it is not very well hidden either)

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4822

International fee

If your registered address is in the US and you offer eBay International Shipping - opens in new window or tab for your eligible listings, you won't be charged an international fee when your eligible item sells.

If you're not using eBay International Shipping to ship your item, we charge an international fee if either:

• The delivery address for the item (entered by the buyer during checkout) is outside the US, or
  • The buyer's registered address is outside the US (regardless of the delivery address for the item)

This fee is calculated as 1.65% of the total amount of the sale and is automatically deducted from your sales.

If your registered address is not in the US, please refer to the fee page for your country or region of residence for your international fee information.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

@richard1rst wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Actually at that price it sounds like the 1.65% currency conversion fee that is charged anytime a foreign source of funds is used - even if it is being shipped in the US.

I have been selling internationally since 2004 and I never been charged any kind of a "license fee". And that includes recent sales to Germany despite the new rules.

International fee is IN ADDITION to the currency conversion fees.

janet9988_0-1711213748892.png

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Do you have a link for that information?

eBay doesn't charge sellers a currency conversion fee as the buyer pays the fee.  I'm not sure

why they even mention currency conversion there so I would like to see the full link if possible.

When I have a US buyer making a purchase of an item that I listed on .ca, I don't see any conversion  of the funds as that is done on the buyer's end.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply