cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What am I missing? US shipping

I received a message from a buyer in Puerto Rico saying it's not letting her buy/make offer on an item. (I'm assuming she tried to make an offer and got an error message, thus her question to me.) 

This is what my shipping shows. (I don't ship internationally but PR is US!) 
Screenshot 2023-11-06 at 12.58.44 AM.png

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You blocked all of "Central America and Caribbean" which means if the buyer entered their address with Puerto Rico in the country field, they will be blocked from purchasing.

Advise the buyer to change their address entering PR as the state and United States as the country and that should resolve the issue.

The alternative is you can edit all of your shipping exclusions to custom the regions where territories are listed in the international section.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You blocked all of "Central America and Caribbean" which means if the buyer entered their address with Puerto Rico in the country field, they will be blocked from purchasing.

Advise the buyer to change their address entering PR as the state and United States as the country and that should resolve the issue.

The alternative is you can edit all of your shipping exclusions to custom the regions where territories are listed in the international section.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you. It's probably easier to do your first suggestion - have the buyer change their address to PR as the state and US as the country. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I agree and hope it works out for you.

GLORIOUS!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

This is so weird. 

Although I suggested to the potential buyer to change her "state" to PR, I'm struggling to find the page where I can change my "ship to" locations. 

When I go to the "setting up your shipping options" page, it sends me to the Exclude shipping locations page but clicking on that sends me in an endless loop, not being able to find where I originally chose where and where not I want to ship. 

Ugh! 

albertabrightalberta

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Do you use biz policies @albertabrightalberta ? If you do not use biz policies you have 2 places to update settings.

1. Account level here: https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf/excludeRegions

2. On the listing itself you can change just the one listing if you want.

If you use biz policies then the only place to update is on your biz policy. There's an issue going on with account level settings and biz policies, so if you're using policies let me know.

GLORIOUS!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I don't generally use business policies. 

Interesting: 

When I click on the link you showed above ( https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf/excludeRegions ) on my albertabrightalberta account (which does NOT sell), it shows me this: 

Exclude shipping - ABA accountExclude shipping - ABA account

However when I click on that same link you showed above ( https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf/excludeRegions ) on my SELLING account, it shows me this: 

Exclude locations - SELLING accountExclude locations - SELLING account

albertabrightalberta

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

You're using biz policies on your selling account.

Manage them here:

https://www.bizpolicy.ebay.com/businesspolicy/manage

If updating the policy tied to the listing still does not allow PR then it's an account level issue - if that happens send me a PM.

GLORIOUS!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply