cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very high costs shown for eBay International Shipping

I previously used eBay international standard delivery on my listings. Since that service is being discontinued, I've changed to the eBay International Shipping service. I have a listing with the weight specified as 2 ounces, which shows shipping costs of $42.87 to Singapore and $58.10 to Taiwan. According to the rate chart for eBay International Shipping, it should cost $12.70 and $15.30. The cost for this same listing with eBay international standard delivery to Singapore was $13.00. I have a buyer who wants to purchase this item, but is questioning why the shipping cost is so high. Is there something I'm missing with how the shipping is specified in the listing? The listing is in the Collectables category. Screen Shot 2023-06-03 at 12.49.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-06-03 at 12.49.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-06-03 at 12.49.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-06-03 at 12.56.15 PM.png

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

That is odd that they are so high.  I think that the way it works is that the prices on that list PLUS your cost to the hub is what the buyer should see but your EIS listings are obviously not looking like that.  It looks like you have included the weights and dimensions in your listings so I don't know why the cost is so high.  Do you mind giving the item number? I would like to see what that item costs to Canada.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Question -I tried downloading that price chart but could only see the first page up to Hungary. How do you get to see the whole thing.  It's probably dumb question but I can't figure it out. 🙂

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

the screenshot item number is

The shipping to Singapore is way wrong...UPS 3-day maybe....but standard?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

The price I have I downloaded from this link:

https://ir.ebaystatic.com/pictures/sc/Shipping/2023_eBay_International_Shipping_Buyer_Rate_Chart_by_...

Shipping to Canada for the above listing shows as $15.09.

I checked a 2 pound listing in a different category and it shows $48.47 to Singapore (also way too high), but only $29.15 to Taiwan, which is less than the cost in the 2 ounce listing, but still more than on the price chart.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I believe you can still use USPS as a shipping source. You can ship an item to any country and it has tracking. I just walk into my post office and mail a package.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

The $15.09 makes more sense as the chart shows $11.86 and they would add on a few dollars to the US hub.

I have no idea why the other numbers are so wrong.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

You can ship it through Pirateship for $11.99.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I think you're looking at the wrong tab of the price chart. The chart has 2 tabs: one for DDU and one for DDP. The first (default) tab is DDP which eBay is not offering at the moment for EIS. They say they're working on giving buyers a choice of paying duties at time of purchase, but that option isn't yet live.

So you need to reference the DDU chart for duties unpaid. On the DDU chart you'll see different prices: Half lb or less to Singapore is 19.38 instead of 12.70 and Taiwan is 18.64 instead of 15.30

But it appears this issue was resolved @yahoo57? Looking at listing 354542353909 I'm seeing 17.40 to Singapore right now instead of the 42.87 that was showing a week ago.

Did you make a change to the listing?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Sorry, I didn't notice the two tabs on the price chart. I couldn't figure out the high cost shown, so I changed that listing to USPS First Class because I had a buyer who wanted to purchase the item.

I checked a different listing, with a weight of 4 ounces, and it still shows a cost of $42.85 to Singapore with eBay International Shipping.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I been showing unusually high ebay international shipping prices and  ebay said they are checking into it but its been going on a long time and still not fixed. I didn't notice until I got a bunch of international buyers asking why the shipping was so high! For instance, it shows  a 2 pound package costing $55 plus when on the ebay chart it should be just over $19! This is the last reply from ebay I got:

Hi again, apologies, I thought I had messaged you yesterday evening, I received a reply from the shipping team, they are looking into this further because no package of any weight has a price of 55.16, it's an odd one that they are working on, I have made them aware there are other items with similar issues

Message 11 of 11
latest reply