cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIDED SHIPPING LABEL

Why does it take 15-21 days to receive a refund from a voided label? I also wonder where the savings from the shipping labels go, to the customer or does eBay take them. I recently voided a shipping label with a cost of 251 dollars to the customer through USPS and opted to use Fed-ex which only charged 111 dollars to ship the same item from TX to NY. Did the customer get a discount of 140 dollars? After an exhausting half hour of going around and around with an eBay team (outsourced) member I'm clueless. Can anyone tell me if this is the norm?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

VOIDED SHIPPING LABEL

@sugarciliaUSPS does take a long time for refunds. Fedex doesn't charge unless the label is used. If your customer was charged $251 for shipping, that money was part of your sale and goes into your account. It also is true if you didn't charge enough for shipping - then you will be out-of-pocket the difference. ebay customer phone and chat are both pretty unhelpful. Try using ebay on social media sites. You'll probably get an accurate answer in a shorter period of time.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

VOIDED SHIPPING LABEL

"Why does it take 15-21 days to receive a refund from a voided label?"

Because they have to make sure that that VOIDED label hasn't been used, and that's how long it takes.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

VOIDED SHIPPING LABEL

... and the USPS is quick to take you're money and slower than snail snot to refund or deliver on insurance claims.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

VOIDED SHIPPING LABEL

@sugarcilia wrote: ... I also wonder where the savings from the shipping labels go, to the customer or does eBay take them..... Did the customer get a discount of 140 dollars? ...

The buyer's payment for shipping and handling goes to the seller.  Shipping is then paid for by the seller. Refunds for voided labels go back to the seller.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

VOIDED SHIPPING LABEL

Why does it take 15-21 days to receive a refund from a voided label?

That is the time mandated by USPS....their service, their rules......

I also wonder where the savings from the shipping labels go, to the customer or does eBay take them.

I can only guess from your listing for the saw (I assume)

I see it was best offer, but I am going to use $1000.00 as the selling price for clarity.

The shipping to my location, based on your listing, is 222.80

(lets assume the customer live in a no-sales tax state for simplicity)

The TOTAL sale is 1222.80 (your top line in order details)

Fees would be around 162.32 (basic)

So, you 0rder should have netted you 1062.48

from that 1060.48 YOU paid the shipping (estimated 222.80)

IF YOU PAID what the BUYER PAID YOU for SHIPPING you would net $837.68 for this order

BUT.....

YOU ONLY paid 111.00 to ship, so you have that extra money in YOUR pocket.....

Gross - $1222.80 (-)

(-) Fees $162.32

= TOTAL $1062.48

from that amount you paid the shipping costs (111.00 not 222.80) and pocketed the difference (not ebay)

...the voided label will be credited to the payment 'source' (if bought through ebay, eith your funds or paypal) without any notice, so you need to watch for it, it does not show up in your transaction history

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

VOIDED SHIPPING LABEL

@sugarcilia 

You are refunded by USPS not eBay.  

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

VOIDED SHIPPING LABEL

My most recent voided label was refunded in 14 days, a reasonable time to verify it was not used.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply