cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfortunately, this seller may not ship to your location. Please update your shipping address and...

Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 16.58.42.jpg

I've been in contact with the seller and we agreed upon a price that would include postage fee to Sweden. But I can't proceed with the payment. I've tried to update my address, still the same error/message even after requesting total?

What can be done? 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately, this seller may not ship to your location. Please update your shipping address and...

Is that blue "request total" a link that you can click on?

I don't know if this will work but ask the seller to put your ebay ID on the buyer exemption list and that might allow you to commit to purchase the item.  Then the seller can send you an invoice with the correct shipping amount.  Here is a link for the exemption list.       https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/ExemptBuyers

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

This is tough to diagnose and maybe tougher to solve. I gave up with my buyer in this situation.

It would likely require your seller to join this thread to give some details on their end to tell if its a configuration problem. It *might*, even after all that effort, just be a bad error message that should suggest something like:

"The eBay International Shipping Program is not able to support this transaction. Import/Export regulations and/or shipping service policies may prevent this particular exchange. "

Are there seller workarounds? Could it be a different problem? Maybe... others can suggest.

Best wishes for a solution to your problem.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Is that blue "request total" a link that you can click on?

I don't know if this will work but ask the seller to put your ebay ID on the buyer exemption list and that might allow you to commit to purchase the item.  Then the seller can send you an invoice with the correct shipping amount.  Here is a link for the exemption list.       https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/ExemptBuyers

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you so much! This did the trick!

I was almost about to give up on this purchase, but I asked the seller to try and add me to his exemption list and after that I didn’t get the “update your shipping” message anymore and could pay.

thanks again!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I'm also having this issue, and I live in Californian with a 100% positive buyer status. I've never had such a terrible buying experience on any online site. This is the worst!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply