cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undercharged shipping fee

I had an item sell and the calculated shipping fee they charged the customer is less than the actual cost.

I changed no weight or package size after the sale.

The package does not cause a dimensional weight surcharge per the FedEx website.

What went wrong?

ThanksFedEx.jpg

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

They could be in a remote area with a delivery surcharge or who knows what else.

See if any of the other carriers are cheaper and just switch carriers for that order.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The customer picked FedEx so I don't want to risk switching carriers. 

It seems this is a common issue that Ebay is unable to correct .

Adding a few dollar handling fee or uping the weight is the most common solution.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Send the buyer a message and ask if they're OK with shipping USPS Ground Advantage if you refund them the cost difference.

Offering a choice of FedEx Ground, UPS Ground, and USPS Priority Mail on clothing is super odd @boom_town .

USPS Ground Advantage is going to offer your buyers the best rates with the exception of items that can ship in a Priority Flat Rate Padded Envelope for less. If you want to offer buyers a choice I suggest offering USPS Ground Adv as the first option and Priority Mail as the second option.

Cannot advise on the FedEx cost difference here without knowing your package dimensions, weight, and ship to/from zip codes.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply