cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS tracking updates lingo question

Hi!

This is a First Class International package going from California to Canada: LZ205857665US

It seems to have gotten stuck on or around June 10, and, to my comprehension, went to an international sorting center before being put back into the domestic mail stream (“Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.”)

Is my assumption correct? I’m waiting to hear back from my seller and while I can see the item was in fact shipped, I feel it might have gotten mistakenly rerouted and is on its way back to the seller. I don’t want to jump the gun and file INR but it’s looking less and less like it will make it here...

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You'll have 30 days after the latest estimated delivery to file an INR. Has the estimated delivery day passed?

The seller can initiate a missing mail search which sometime breaks thing loose.

Last ETA was a week ago yesterday but because of COVID I try to be a little bit more patient.

I was just wondering if I was correct in my understanding of the tracking updates that the package was returned to the domestic mail stream instead of forwarded on to Canada.

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I ship quite a bit to Canada and other countries. I'm sure you're anxious, but I hope you'll consider not filing an INR on the seller just yet. During Covid, that tracking lingo that you refer to most likely means that the item is in a container waiting for a scarce flight in to Canada. Throughout this crisis regular USPS mail has been repeatedly bumped from international flights to make way for medical supplies and other classes of shipments and cargo. What I've seen is that once something gets put aside surrounding international departure, a troubling delay often ensues.  I tell all of my Canadian buyers to expect at least 2 weeks more time than they are used to (and not to be surprised or super worried if there is a 3 week stall). If you can muster patience, it would be really generous of you to wait until day 29 after the published estimated arrival date to file. Good luck!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I’m absolutely willing to wait... I understand the peculiarities of the current situation, but from my sellers’ “once I mail out the package it’s out of my hands” attitude, I’m starting to worry... 

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

There is not anything the seller can do at this point but as far as 'being out of their hands'...that's not accurate as they will have to refund if tracking doesn't show that you have received  a package.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Oh, well you are ALREADY being generous then :)! That is pretty naive (and ill-advised) of that seller to take that attitude, isn't it:/? It definitely doesn't inspire you to do him/her any favors on delaying the use of buyer protections. I have a couple of international and other buyers who have let the 30-days-past-eBay's-estimated-arrival date pass just to be kind to me, but they know how grateful I am (and we both know that they have more time for it to get sorted out through Paypal).
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Y’all... we’ve got movement!

I read about signing up for USPS notifications sometimes shaking things up. Some say it’s a myth but I did so this weekend and this morning got an email update from USPS.

Now I’m a believer!

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 8 of 8
latest reply