cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS problems in Georgia

Yes, it's a nightmare scenario right now. Google USPS GA problems and you will see plenty of info including our senators asking the Postmaster General for explanations. I have tons of eBay Standard Envelope orders that  are in limbo. Some got their origin scan but many did not. USPS Ground and Priority packages get scanned and then stall at one of the Atlanta Distribution Centers. I have some of those that have been out for several days and not left Atlanta. I hear that there are loads of trucks at the distribution center full of mail with no movement for quite some time. The INRs are starting to come in and it would be really great if eBay could help somehow!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

USPS problems in Georgia

It is not just Georgia!  Recently I have USPS packages that have taken 2-5 weeks just to go 4 states away. One package took over 2 weeks to go 100 miles. Others just never show up - ever. Filing claims with USPS is a waste of time. USPS gets their Tracking Fee but the tracking is often incorrect and often useless.  So we have to deal with INR cases and unhappy customers. Best of luck to you!!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

USPS problems in Georgia

Atlanta area has been a disaster for about 2 weeks or so @eyeofthebeholderantiques . This is Missouri City, TX (Houston) round 2. This will be happening all across the country state-by-state as USPS implements DeJoy's inefficient plans to change and consolidate sorting facilities, not only creating massive delays at time of changeover, but adding delivery time overall once things eventually settle down.

My suggestion is to get your carrier or local PO clerk or self service kiosk to scan a bulk SCAN sheet so you at minimum get a provisional acceptance scan and not affect your eBay on-time shipping metrics. (Edit to add: I realize this will not work for eBay Standard Envelope shipments.) Communicate with your buyers that there will be delays and eBay's estimated delivery dates are not accurate.

I suggest filing USPS insurance claims on lost packages as soon as the timeline allows.

If your Top Rated Seller status is affected, or if you end up with very high item not received service metrics, contact eBay customer service and ask them to evaluate your account. With the TX debacle eBay CS applied seller protections on a case-by-case basis, so I expect that will continue with the GA issues, and other affected states. This is the type of situation where I'd avoid the CS overseas chat and instead send a DM to one of eBay's social CS teams if your account is impacted: ebayforbusiness on facebook, ebayforsellers on insta, askebay on X

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

USPS problems in Georgia

I suggest for anything inexpensive....use standard envelope with stamps.

Anything with tracking will probably get delayed.

My items without tracking are moving cross-country in 4-5 days.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

USPS problems in Georgia

Here we are in April, and I am still having bad issues with delayed packages. I have customers opening up cases weekly. I'm having to constantly reship. Trying to get USPS on the phone is impossible. I have filed missing package claims, and they are basically like yup its lost resend your item out to the customer?????? SMH. Anyone know how we can be compensated as far as money we have lost due to this problem?? 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply