cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS doesn't have a clue!

I was one of many sellers who got backcharges from USPS for labels that had been voided back in December, 2023 . 

• March 13, 2024 - charged for label that had been voided in December. 
  • March 13, 2024 - Filed service request with APV with explanation that label was never used and requesting investigation and refund
  • March 13 - acknowledgement from APV of receipt and "can expect a response within 2-5 days, usually no more than 15 days." 
  • No word from APV for 2 months and 1 day!! 
  • May 14, 2024 - Received following with 72 hours to respond: 
  • albertabrightalberta_1-1715817710006.png

• Then, in 21 hours, I received this: 
  • albertabrightalberta_2-1715817754134.pngalbertabrightalberta_3-1715817842964.png

Fortunately, ebay did already issue refunds for the voided but charged shipping labels, but this is a pretty sad statement about the efficiency (or lack thereof) of USPS. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

albertabrightalberta_3-1715817842964.png 

But since "you only have 60 days from the label creation date" -- back in December -- "to file a dispute" didn't the APV agent see that this was already doomed before they started on your case?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I still believe this whole mess was from the doings of a rogue employee and USPS didn't look deep enough to find the person responsible.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I think this type of fraud stems from overseas Organized Crime.

Was watching this one docu-special a couple months ago about how people are kidnapped from their home in China, then brought to a different nearby country (I forget which one) and forced to live and work in centers where they either have to make SCAM calls or internet dealings and the like and if they don't meet specific quota for scamming people, they are severely beaten. 🙁

I think a lot of the fraud we see like return ship scams (ship an iPhone to a FF and return label is doctored and an empty envelope is sent somewhere in the same zip) - is mostly part of these organized rings.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply