cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS didn’t deliver my package to me

So, I won two items from an eBay seller, who I’m assuming did combined shipping. USPS says they delivered the package to front desk/mailroom/recepionist. I live in apartments, and my leasing office doesn’t accept packages, and I checked with them just in case. Our “mailroom” is just mailboxes in the center of the complex outside. The purchase price for both items was $1500ish, and I feel like I should have had to sign for something like that. Did the seller not add signature confirmation, or did some random person receive my package? What steps can I take to somehow locate my package, or get a refund?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Wowzer. That's a lot going on.

- Well... "front desk/mailroom/receptionist" could certainly be entered, even if your package was left in a commons area. I know this because it happened to me... a porch pirate commons criminal had stolen my buyer's package after delivery. 

- Signature is suggested and is required on any transaction over $750 to keep the seller safe.

- USPS can tell you the exact location where the package was left. They did that for me.

- Getting a refund would have to begin (I suppose) with an Item Not Received claim being opened, but I don't know how that would play out.

Sit tight for other posters with experience. Good luck and good golly...

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I’ve had a different carrier for USPS tell me that they usually mass scan all the packages at the mailboxes, and whatever doesn’t fit, they usually bring back to the station, or take it the door. I’m still waiting to hear back from USPS for the gps location, but that’s my assumption on where it was scanned. I’m not entirely sure they even added a signature confirmation because I don’t see it on the tracking info. I’ve forgotten to add it on one of my sales, when I made a label, but was able to add it after thankfully.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Have you contacted your PO to see what you can find out about the package?

Have a great day
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

So, after going 2 separate days this week, they have no explanation as to where the package went.

All they said, was that it was scanned at the leasing office(which is next to the mailboxes), and to check with them(which I did, the morning after it was delivered).

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

If there is no signature showing on the tracking, you should win  an item not received claim.  Sellers are required to have signature confirmation on any purchase $750+.  Is the same tracking number showing on both transactions?  I don’t know if the system would automatically rule in your favor in a situation like this so you may want to first contact customer service before opening a claim.

if you contact eBay customer service through their social media sites on Facebook, Instagram or X, they should be able to help you You can send them a private message with the transaction infirmation.  You can also contact cs via chat by clicking on help and contact at the top of the page, then scrolling down to click on contact.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Same tracking with both items, I called support the other day, and they were able to note it on the claim, as of right now the case is on hold to give the seller more time. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

For apartment complexes I recommend checking the surveillance cameras to see where the packages ended up.  

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@toysaver wrote:

For apartment complexes I recommend checking the surveillance cameras to see where the packages ended up.  

The surveillance cameras likely can't see a delivery made several miles away at the counter in a drugstore or restaurant.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

An update for all, after almost 2 weeks, eBay has ruled in my favor for ONE of the items that was shipped. Solely because one item was over $750. The other item was close to $500, so they stayed with their ruling “tracking showed item delivered.” But…both items were shipped in the same box.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@carlo-7704 wrote:

so they stayed with their ruling “tracking showed item delivered.” But…both items were shipped in the same box.

Yep, that's just nuts and bolts decided by a bot.

You will have to call that second one in and hope you get a USA based CSR....better yet dm ebay for business on FB or Twitter

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@carlo-7704 wrote:

An update for all, after almost 2 weeks, eBay has ruled in my favor for ONE of the items that was shipped. Solely because one item was over $750. The other item was close to $500, so they stayed with their ruling “tracking showed item delivered.” But…both items were shipped in the same box.

I don't see this mentioned yet @carlo-7704 . Did you go to the post office with a copy of your eBay order details showing both your address and the tracking number and ask the PO to look up the tracking number and confirm if it was actually shipped to you or a different address? And if it was shipped to your address, did you ask them to check the GPS coordinates on delivery to ensure the carrier did not mis-deliver it?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 12 of 12
latest reply