cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Ground Advantage. How fast is it?

I always assumed that First Class packages were shipped by air, since they went faster than Media Mail and other slower methods. Now we are told that there no longer First Class Mail. It was changed to "USPS Ground Advantage".  The name itself tells us which  way packages will be shipped. By horse? If we thought First Class was slow, let's wait and see what happens with Ground Advantage.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

USPS's official delivery estimate for Ground Advantage is 2 - 5 days, with a few exceptions (e.g., hazmat, Hawaii).

https://faq.usps.com/s/article/USPS-Ground-Advantage

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

I shipped a package of audiobooks to Alaska it took just 4 days with Media Mail. 
I shipped audiobooks using Ground advantage it took 5 days to go to Austin Texas , I’m in Louisiana. 
So to me GA isn’t any slower or faster than MM.

First Class package was about the same between 3-5 days depending on destination.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

At this point I have seen no difference in the delivery of my GA (would have been 1st Class) packages.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

It usually took about 4-5 days to get a parcel select ground package to my friends and with ground Advantage it took exactly two and it was cheaper.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

I sent out 5 packages on Friday. All of them were delivered Monday.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

So far, it's about the same as first class, which I use a lot.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Witness! I've only shipped one package since GA began. Nashville to Honolulu in 2 days. Not too shabby!

Screenshot (62).png

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

I've shipped five packages using ground advantage, only 1 made it by the estimated date, the other 4 arrived 1-2 days later, which was rare for me to see using First Class.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

To Honolulu? So why do they call it "ground"?

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

I shipped a package from TN to FL on the 18th and it was delivered this morning, the 20th.  Wasn't expecting it to get there that fast. 

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

First class mail has been trucked for at least 2 years if not more.  Give thanks to that awful Mr. DeJoy who is on his way to slowing down the mail.  It was he that decided to no longer use air mail to deliver first class mail especially on the west coast-east coast transactions. So Ground Advantage is a more accurate name since virtually all of the mail is trucked.   I do believe (hope) that stuff going to Hawaii  and Alaska eventually gets on an airplane.  He also took out alot of sorting machines because "they were not needed anymore".    This information came straight from my brother who has been a mail carrier for 30 years.   The buyers will get used to this.  I email the newer buyers on all east coast-west coast transactions.    

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

For me, ground advantage has been working great! As a new seller, I have never used First Class, but I am really liking ground advantage. My first two packages I shipped arrived at their destination the next day. It wasn't far, but it was still a pleasant surprise.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Why? That must be the "Advantage" !! 😃

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

USPS's official delivery estimate for Ground Advantage is 2 - 5 days, with a few exceptions (e.g., hazmat, Hawaii).

I actually just shipped something GA to Hawaii on the 17th. It's out for delivery in Honolulu today, the 20th.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply