cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS SurePost

ickydsl
Adventurer

We live in an area that has no USPS mail delivery, consequently we have a PO Box in a town 17 miles from our home (nearest post office) in different town than our physical address.  Making purchases that deliver with UPS or FedEx has never been a problem, nor has delivery via USPS.  As long as we know which, we can provide the appropriate shipping address.  However, when a seller states UPS deliver and we provide the physical address and it turns out they use UPS Sure Post, the item goes to a post office in a different town.  The post office calls it "undeliverable" and returns to sender.

We realize this is rather a unique problem.  "You don't have mail delivery? How is that possible?"  Believe me, places like ours exist all over the country.  We had the same situation at our previous address, but there we were lucky enough to have physical address and postal address in the same town/zip code, but not here and now.  

Listings need to be clear on what method of shipping they are going to use!  (By the way, in our experience, SurePost is a lousy delivery method, almost always taking days longer.)  Someone suggested getting another PO Box in the same town.  First of all, it's even further away; second, box rental prices have gone nowhere but up and they ain't cheap anymore!  If anyone has different suggestions, we'd be glad to hear them!

Sorry for the rant, thanks for reading!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

UPS SurePost

For a unique problem, you'll probably have to put a little more effort into your purchases. Message the seller before you pay so you can confirm which shipping service they'll use.

Seller,

I am interested in purchasing item X. Can you let me know which shipping service you will be using? I want to make sure I provide a correct and valid address at checkout.

Due to our rural location, we are required to use a PO Box for USPS, UPS SurePost and FedEx SmartPost. We are required to use a house address for all other UPS and FedEx services.

Thanks,

Buyer

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

UPS SurePost

"Listings need to be clear on what method of shipping they are going to use!  (By the way, in our experience, SurePost is a lousy delivery method, almost always taking days longer."  Thank you!!!

As a buyer, I abhor SurePost and would love to be made aware it was being used so I could avoid that purchase. Right now I'm going through it after waiting 14 days since ordering, 3 days past the delivery date, and a seller acting like I stomped on his foot for mentioning it. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

UPS SurePost

Unlike all other delivery services, the US postal service still can't deliver to all addresses.  

Delivery be drones might not be such a bad idea at all.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply