cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS Shipping

I recently sold a large item and shipped it using UPS instead of USPS as I normally do. I was never billed for the shipping fee.  Do they bill at a later date or did I accidentally get a freebee? Its been about 2 weeks.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

UPS Shipping

@treasurewhisperer 

UPS bills after the item is delivered. They have to calculate all the extras, like fuel surcharges, residential delivery, dimensions of the package, etc..

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

UPS Shipping

Watch for the charge on your payout summary page....

https://www.ebay.com/sh/fin

That is where it will show up as a Transaction.....

make sure you are sitting down...hehehe

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

UPS Shipping

So it wont be the price I was quoted when I printed the label?  Oh Geez........

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

UPS Shipping

There are no freebees. Especially monthly billing. They always get me the next month if they skip a month.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

UPS Shipping

if you read the fine print, the UPS quote/label is an "estimate"

Hopefully, your dims and weight were accurate, but there are sometimes surcharges that UPS tacks on.....FedX I understand is worse.....

hope it's all good for you.....

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

UPS Shipping

The estimate that eBay provided may be correct, may be close, may be woefully wrong.

It is often suggested to have ones own UPS account, or to use pirateship for such

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

UPS Shipping

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

The estimate that eBay provided may be correct, may be close, may be woefully wrong.

It is often suggested to have ones own UPS account, or to use pirateship for such

As far as UPS bought thru eBay. I have never had an extra charge and they are my go to.

They bill once a week for me. 

From my time here on the forum, I hear FedEx is the absolute worst at tackking on fees.

Posting ID
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

UPS Shipping

If you were very accurate with the dimensions and weight you provided, your estimate will be accurate 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

UPS Shipping

I overstated the dimensions and the weight just to be safe. Luckily I do have some wiggle room from what I charged the buyer.

Thanks for the quick replies, You guys/gals are the best.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

UPS Shipping

UPS bills AFTER they take possession of the package, after they have confirmed the weight and dimensions and any delivery surcharges that may apply. The charge will usually show up in your account in 1 to 2 weeks.

Oops, forgot to click the Post button and now very late!!!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply