cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS Shipping Account Number

I have an order that was delivered to the buyer broken/damaged by UPS.  I have started the claim form but it asks me for my "UPS shipping account #".  For the life of me I cannot find anything like that on my eBay site.  Can someone tell me where to find my UPS shipping account #? 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@yesndede ,

While I don't have the account number or know how to get it. I wish you well in getting reimbursed by UPS when you do file the claim. Most of the time they will claim the packaging was insufficient and pay the shipper a dime.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

qeqo_0
Thrill-Seeker

@yesndede wrote:

Can someone tell me where to find my UPS shipping account #? 

It's the six characters @yesndede after the 1Z in your UPS tracking number: 14V534

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Thank you!  I don't know why UPS didn't tell me that when they kept asking me my shipper number and I would tell them I didn't know it!? I appreciate your reply!    

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Good thing I take pictures of the inside of my packages before I ship them.  

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I see you got the account number answer, but read thru this string to make sure you have good information on the actual claim.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/UPS-account-number-for-ebay-account/m-p/33245484

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for this thread! For Goodness sake, why can't UPS and eBay get this figured out? They all act like they have never heard of these problems before and don't understand why the links aren't working. Seems like an easy fix to have a link for claims on eBay with instructions and how to identify our shipping account number!!! So ridiculous! I had to call UPS customer service (800-742-5877) again because the link @shipscript  posted, although it did have a place to upload documents, kept giving me an error message saying I could not upload docs due to that status of my claim.  After endless hours, UPS finally gave me an email to send the docs to.  claimstatus@ups.com  I put my claim # on the subject line and attached all documentation asked for.  I am told I can go to UPS.com to check the status of the claim at anytime but it should be 7-10 days before a check is issued.  Fingers crossed! 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Did this resolve your issue?  I am running into the same thing.  UPS lost my package.  They see it was dropped off and never reached the destination or saw any scans of it moving after dropoff.   It was an EBAY selling item.  They kept telling me the claim was approved and I needed to upload documents.  They told me EBAY needed to give me the account number to put in the second box.  That didn't work.  I just tried your way with the email.  Hoping this gets fixed.  I sold a pair of shoes that cost $1400.  

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@benjamin_card_memorabilia_inc wrote:

Did this resolve your issue?  I am running into the same thing.  UPS lost my package.  They see it was dropped off and never reached the destination or saw any scans of it moving after dropoff.   It was an EBAY selling item.  They kept telling me the claim was approved and I needed to upload documents.  They told me EBAY needed to give me the account number to put in the second box.  That didn't work.  I just tried your way with the email.  Hoping this gets fixed.  I sold a pair of shoes that cost $1400.  

Insurance claims on UPS labels purchased through eBay follow a very specific process @benjamin_card_memorabilia_inc .

Outlined here: 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipcover/shipping-insurance-shipcover?id=4643#section3

Handy step-by-step PDF guide here: 

https://ir.ebaystatic.com/pictures/sc/pdf/UPS_Claims_Process_for_eBay_Sellers_2022.pdf

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply