cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking USPS in possession of package for 10 days now 😩

I mailed two packages on 11/29. Thank goodness I had the clerk scan as receives. No other movement / tracking since.

IMG_0490.jpeg

I’m in the Midwest… Is this happening to anyone else? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Click on the tracking or go to usps and add tracking sometime ebay is not updating with the post office tracking. you can also open find missing mail on the usps website. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

When I mail a tube, it happens regularly, as these are handled manually and they do not bother to scan. Was it an irregularly shaped package? It may be the reason.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Big delays here in Ohio, especially Springfield and Cincinnati. 

Was it media mail?  This happened to me around the same time.  My package was mailed 11/26 and due to arrive 12/1.  On 12/2 I went to my local PO and showed my receipt to the postmaster.  I then described the package.  He went in the back, where there was a bin of packages from Thanksgiving weekend.  He pulled out my package and sent it on its way.  If I hadn't seen it I wouldn't believe it!

Be persistent.  I couldn't open a case online, but got results in person.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I think there are big issues in Ohio.  Sent a care package to daughter 4 days ago, same state, priority...still not there.  But sent 2 other care packages that same day to Illinois and Kentucky, priority and they are being delivered today.  

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I've been having extremely long wait times for about a third to half of my media mail shipments sent in December (5-6 weeks from Hawaii to the mainland rather than the usual 1-3). They have also all shown no updates except the initial scan until the day they arrive when 6+ back dated updates appear (some are still stuck but that's happened to every one that finally made it). Previously I'd only seen the latter pattern with eBay standard envelopes. There is no seeming correlation with which area of the US it's happening to either.             I've also noticed that the USPS tracking page itself is having brief outages more often recently than I ever remember before. There does seem to be something going on beyond regular Holiday season back log but I don't know what it is. The first possible clue I've found is the announcement in this screenshot I took Friday saying "Alert: Payment transactions on some applications will be temporarily unavailable from 11 pm ET Saturday, January 6 through 3 am ET Sunday, January 7, 2024. We apologize for any inconvenience." alert.PNG      I also asked a postal worker over the counter Friday if she had heard anything about tracking problems, and when I described the backdating thing she said she didn't know the cause but that behavior was definitely a system problem and that she and her colleagues had been having difficulty pulling tracking recently from their workstations.

Hopefully the banner alert means they'll be doing some maintenance to fix this and not that things are going to get worse.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply