cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips for inventory/shipping management

Hey guys. Usually to keep track of my inventory for shipping I put a number in the title of my auction then put a corresponding sticker on my item. Is there a better way? Is there any software that can automate this by automatically numbering my auctions and creating a corresponding sticker? Its' pretty time consuming to do this manually (how I've been doing).

Any other suggestions? Any help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Are all of your items unique?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

You could use the custom label field. I put the number of the box I have the item stored in when I make the listing to narrow down the hunt for the item I have sold. You can put any info you want in this field to help you locate yout item. It is not visible to buyers. 

Using it would not be much different than what you are doing but you would be able to remove the number from your title and maybe add a better search word.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I have a box and shelf system
I use a spreadsheet program for inventory
As I photograph items I choose a box to fill then mark "box #" or "shelf #" in one column and what the item is in another "blue pottery cat" or "Chinese scroll box" Then when it sells I search for the key word and see its location - I also add the item number once it is listed but sometimes I dont bother
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I do the same I also use that number for my image name. That system prevents me from losing item. It helps to avoid duplicate listing too. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Yes all unique. I sell used records.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

How many do you typically have in stock?

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I only do auctions. I will do 600 to 800 per auction. I do 100 per box. I letter each box and then number each record. There has to be a softwarr or something to do this

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

And that would be visible when its shipping time no? Is there any way to automate those numbers or would i have to do manually?

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@lloydsteventaylorwrote:

I do the same I also use that number for my image name. That system prevents me from losing item. It helps to avoid duplicate listing too. 

Same here.  Plus my listing program has an inventory number that shows up when I go to ship.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@youshouldseewhatikeepwrote:

And that would be visible when its shipping time no? Is there any way to automate those numbers or would i have to do manually?

Yes it shows on the orders page under the item title. So you will see it when you are preparing shipments. Also a column shows or can be added with customize to the listings page. 

No automation that I am aware of.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I keep items on shelves and tables and each is numbered.

To speed the process I have also counted shelves in a unit.

So an item on #4/3 means shelf unit number four, third shelf.

It's been so much better than any of my other ideas.

And when something needs to be shipped, I just move it to my desk.  Sometimes I pack before I'm paid, just to have that part done.  I don't get a lot of unpaid items.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

What program????

Message 13 of 13
latest reply